The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

update about myself and the SI

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
HCF Member
Default update about myself and the SI

Sorry I have not been on here in a while, I have been really busy with college and other things. Alot of things are changing in my life right now and I jsut don't have the time to get on here anymore. My car is getting to be too much trouble for me and I am just tired of it. I want a new car and am ready to sell the SI. I can't until I get out of college though. Some of you might know I had really big turbo plans for it and already have a few pieces. Well, the day I was going to order my turbo a friend of mine wrecked and totaled his 350z. We were both at the same place and left at 4am. Bad idea, we had both been drinking. I got the call and so I TURNED AROUND and drove through the crash site and a cop LEFT THE SCENE and got behind me. I did nothing wrong, he pulled me over and automatically suspected me of drinking. Gave me all the sobriety tests and I passed them....but i definately did not pass the breathalizer. I blew a .18 and went to jail. I am not CHARGED with the DUI as we speak but I am on probation for 6 months, $4500 in court dues, lawyer fees, and other things such as classes. This is an experience I will never forget and I hope none of you never have to go through. I am going to have to drive 3 hours every week to go to classes and take alcohol/drug tests. I am also in a fraternity and it is really hard because of all the parties and such. I am not going to mess this up though. After the end of 6 months (August 20) it will be cleared from my record and I will be done. I just wanted to let you all know my situation. I am 19 years old and my parents are paying for it now but I am working on getting them paid back. So no turbo, paying for the DUI. I am not putting any more $ into my car I am saving it for my future.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

sorry to hear, also might want to change your sig

Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Sorry bro, best of luck though! On a side note, I thought you were much older for some reason. I know what you mean about college taking up time. Whenever a new semester starts I get disappointed because there's no time for tinkering on my car.

What are you going to school for?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

Man thats rough. That really sucks to hear that.

what fraternity are you in?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM
HCF Member

yea the sig is definately about to change. i mean i might change my mind after i get all this paid for but i dunno. i would love to keep my car and get a new one too but it just depends on my financial situation when the time comes, but i cant turbo it while im in college. i just dont have the time to deal with the troubles and reliability issues. anyways, I go to Troy University in Alabama. it is about an hour south of montgomery. i am in Lambda Chi Alpha and it is soooo much fun!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:18 PM
HCF Member

just curious how your car is getting to be too much trouble? it looks very nice, should be reliable....

Old 02-16-2009, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jhsplaya08
yea the sig is definately about to change. i mean i might change my mind after i get all this paid for but i dunno. i would love to keep my car and get a new one too but it just depends on my financial situation when the time comes, but i cant turbo it while im in college. i just dont have the time to deal with the troubles and reliability issues. anyways, I go to Troy University in Alabama. it is about an hour south of montgomery. i am in Lambda Chi Alpha and it is soooo much fun!!!
cool man my cousin played basketball for Troy a couple of years ago and was a student coach his last year there. He's now a couch at Huntington College in Montgomery.

and I'm a Sigma Chi at U of Texas at Arlington . so I know all about the fun of a fraternity.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

yes I definately do! Sigma Chi has a house right next to ours and I don't have a problem with them but alot of the brothers do. I guess it is just fraternity competition is all. One more thing, how do I change my signature? It has changed a bit since the last time I tried.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

user cp
on the left side something signature

Sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out for you, your si is absolutely beautiful.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jhsplaya08
yes I definately do! Sigma Chi has a house right next to ours and I don't have a problem with them but alot of the brothers do. I guess it is just fraternity competition is all.
Ya thats the way it is here too. We don't have a chapter from your fraternity here, but the FIJIs are our main competition. So even though some of there guys are cool, we don't hang out cuz our fraternities don't like each other.

And another thing that really sucks is that some of your brothers would might dislike any Sigma Chi they met just cuz they're a Sigma Chi, but the reality is that the Sigma Chi's at your school may be completely different than the ones from my chapter. they might not get along with the Sigs there, but might get along with the Sigs here. and thats the same way with any fratenity at any school.

Quick Reply: update about myself and the SI