The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

waving..

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:18 PM
HCF Member
Default waving..

ok, you know when your drive behind motocyclers, when they pass each other, they gave the low down hand wave. do car people do that, when you see a nice car coming up do you stick your hand out the window?. i've been doing it. no one doest it back.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Default RE: waving..

Is your car nice?

Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

well its a honda civic.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

haha, this is funny..i always think about this too..i usually do a headnod, there looking at my car and im looking at theres so you always get the eye contact too..this one day i was in traffic and i went buy a nother tuner very slowly, if i stopped i was going to talk to him..but it was pretty quick....but ya usually its just eye contact, its kinda aquard

but im sure your going to get the ricer with a ****ty car who wants to race once and a wile[:@]

Old 06-08-2006, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

Just because it's a honda civic doesn't mean it is automatically a nice car. Idk if you have done anything to it or not, but a stock honda civic is more of a commuter car than a sports car or a luxury car. Maybe you've been waving to grumps? I know I've gotten waves and given waves from other guys in their cars, even a tricked out neon lol. When motorcyclists wave to eachother, or boaters or even bus drivers , it is a comradeship and a mutual understanding among them, the same applies to nice/sports car drivers I guess.

EDIT: when I say wave I mean arm resting on the window and lifting your hand up a bit while keeping the serious look on your face while you drive by lol. By all means, do not roll your window down as you pass by them and wave your hand in the air.

TiCkEr

Old 06-08-2006, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

i do it... if i see another car tuner ill usually lift a few fingers from the wheel... ive been waving to the bikers alot lately too... trying to remember that for when i get my bike

Old 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

it's just a brotherly wave to one biker to another saying hello, my dad's got a HD Road King all chromed out and he's been riding all his life and he does it... and if your a rider like him and a trucker give's you a thumbs up that means one thing... NICE BIKE!... oh BTW watch out for motorcycles on the road i always say "save a life, look twice." and if im' on the road and see another NICE looking civic i usually give the few finger off the wheel, but sometime i get that ***** who i know is paying attention he/she is just a jack***, but i ignore it...

Old 06-08-2006, 10:07 PM

All the WRX owners usually wave to eachother. I know Jeep owners do the wave...any old school muscle car usually will give a wave to another. SRT4 owners are on the edge, the mature ones wave, the immature ones give the "ricer salute" aka the BOV salute. lol

If you own a Vette and dont wave....thats a BIG mistake, i remember driving my dads ZR-1, and I didnt wave to a fellow vette, he followed me into the gas station and gave me a long talking to lol

ooo and Mustang owners way of acknowleging eachother, is racing, on any street at any time of day....lol

Old 06-08-2006, 10:11 PM

lol Its a biker thing. When you have a car they look at you hard and want to you race. On bikes its different. i am a biker too 06 cbr 600 RR

[IMG]local://upfiles/11287/5AC60C9C68BD49C8B13057E26AD38423.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-08-2006, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

Peace

Quick Reply: waving..