The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Well guys sold the civic, bought nothing. Yet.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 AM
HCF Member
Default Well guys sold the civic, bought nothing. Yet.

I had a 95 civic dx coupe, and it had hydrolocked about a month ago, but right after, I had to make an emergency trip to the philippines, so I had about a month to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I really wanted to do an H22 swap, I have been just about ever since I found out about it. Buuuuut, being a senior in high school, and having to save up for college, I decided to sell it instead. So now, I'm one car poorer, and 600 dollars richer.
I'm not really sure what i'm looking for in a car, maybe another civic, but I'm not sure yet.
I'd really like to get a bike too, but the parents think it'sbad idea.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well guys sold the civic, bought nothing. Yet.

a bike would be an excellent idea as far as fuel economy goes.....but that fact that you can easily acheive speeds to kill yourself is prolly why your parents think its a bad idea.

good luck on your hunt, but deciding is half the battle.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

yeah, and considering I've had 2 speeding tickets with my car already probably just makes my chances worse.
It's all good though, i'm just going to save up my money for now.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Bikes are good, but idk where your from. If youre in the northern half of the US, then it wouldnt be worth it. Since youve had speeding tickets before, i dont think its a good thing.

What do you want in a car? Any specific year?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

Well, i'm in Oklahoma, and planning to go to college in Florida, so it'd be perfect for a motorcycle.

Not really sure what I want in a car though. I'd like a cheap RWD in good condition, with standard transmission, but that's pretty much impossible to come by. So, i'm just planning on saving my money for now.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
HCF Member

Make sure to consider insurance as well. Bikes are not cheap since they are so dangerous. But oh my are they so fun!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

Maybe try to find yourself an older mr2? Not the best looking however they are light, rwd, heck mid-engined and you can get as stick. Not sure what people get out of those but since its a 'yota it should be pretty reliable just as long it was not absolutely trashed.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

From what I heard, insurance is cheaper on motorcycles, at least back when my dad owned one, but that could have changed...
Yeah, i was actually looking at getting an mr2, but they're so hard to find! at least in good condition, anyways. Maybe a fiero?? are those RWD though?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: Stick shift
If youre in the northern half of the US, then it wouldnt be worth it.
That's an opinion. I live in PA.. there's about 6 months out of the year that I can ride without hypothermia setting in. I have a bike... I consider having it a good decision.

ORIGINAL: 07blksi

Make sure to consider insurance as well. Bikes are not cheap since they are so dangerous. But oh my are they so fun!
They're definitely cheap. My civic runs $1200/yr liability. My cbr600 is half that (literally) for liability.

And for a cheap rwd car, check out 240sx's... if you can find one without the dreaded "drift tax", you just found yourself a cheap rwd car (and there's plenty of them with 5-speeds, too).

Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Well I'm just saying. If you live in a place where you get alot of snow, like in NY, we can get snow as early as october and as late as april. So gettin a bike as your only driver wouldn't be a good idea.
If you have a car and a bike, then that'd be cool.

Quick Reply: Well guys sold the civic, bought nothing. Yet.