The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Default What to do?

would anyone trade a 96 civic coupe sohc turbo for a 96 sohc non turbo hatch? i ask this cause this is the trade i am considering. i have a coupe turbo but i wanted a hatch but could not pass up a already done turbo kit civic. i bought the car for 4000 bucks with a greddy turbo kit on it. but it was untuned and lack of fuel. i have added alot of stuff to make the fuel right and had it tuned by a pro with a dyno/wideband o2 sensor. but the bottom end needs some attention before i can really get down the track. but thats like another 3000 that i don't have. Im a cheap person really i am but not with my car. only the best parts and no handme down knock offs. the 3000 consists of a stronger clutch, flywheel and a addition of a lsd plus labor. i figure it should come around 3000. so the other day a buddy who has a 96 hatch d16y8 says he wants to trade. now my motor has about 50-60xxx miles on it now and his has 70 thousand so it is about the same plus his is clean as hell and my looks like crap on the out side. i really wanted a hatch but what do you guys think? Is it a good trade?

Old 04-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Default RE: What to do?

my opinion is biased but when i went to purchase my car at the time i was looking strictly for a del sol or an ek hatch that was completely stock.. ie some kid had not owned and modded previously..but for me i would trade if by some rare chance i woulda bought a coupe to start.. but then again if you can hookup like marty and just get a shell of a hatch and do the work yourself and swap your current setup into the hatch you could make out both ways.. but would be depending what your final goals would be.. and what kind of car you honestly want..

...just my .02 sense

Old 04-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Default RE: What to do?

yer ride is yer pride...money don't enter in to it, quote from an old redneck hotrodder.