The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

what do you think about UTI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Default what do you think about UTI?

i sent my enrollment papers out yesterday for UTI, i'm enrolling at the one in Rancho Cucamonga Cali. just wanted to see if anyone has gone there or is goin there and if so, what do you think about it? i posted on henda tech and lots of people had nothing but bad things to say about UTI

Old 02-03-2005, 07:00 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: what do you think about UTI?

the good thing is, i've never heard anything bad about it. the bad thing is, i've never heard of it at all [&:]

Old 02-03-2005, 09:37 PM

The only thing I know about them is that they have a lot of commercials where I live.

Old 02-03-2005, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

a friend of mine went there and he said it wasnt that great. the HOT ROD U that they advertise is just bolt-on performance parts for Chevy 350s. and in the whole (Phoenix) campus, they have no air tools. i mean, damn near every shop ive ever seen has air tools, i cant imagine learning to do it that much differently than the real world. i dont know. its pretty overratted from what ive heard. but if you go, just go in there and learn whatever they can teach you, then apply the useful stuff, and forget the crap. and dont go out and become another "parts changer". be a mechanic. someone who FINDS the problem through good old troubleshooting. yeah, its the hardest part of being a mechanic, but its also the biggest skill you can have to make yourself employable. i hate when mechanics just go through the list of possible problems and change out parts in the order of the list of possible problems.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:37 AM

Actually, if you keep your car away from air tools, it will stay in better shape. That's why we don't use any. There were three instances last year when people had their cars towed to us after having their tires changed at Les Schwab. These people had been driving along, and suddenly had wheels come off due to the repeated lug thread abuse. Well, needless to say, massive suspension damage. Basically, air tools destroy bolt threads, no matter how careful you are.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
NTX
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

air tools destroy bolt threads, no matter how careful you are.
i have to disagree [sm=smiley23.gif]. if you know what you're doing, they're the same as doing it by hand.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:42 AM

Only if you run them slowly (which most can't do). Plus, you don't have the control and physical feeling of whether or not a bolt is in danger of breaking or hopping threads, etc. If you have air tools in your own garage, and know how to do it so that you don't damage the threads, great, but the fact is that 99 out of 100 people don't. And the sad truth is that most shops could care less.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:51 AM
NTX
HCF Member

most guns have a lb setting. to many lbs...stripped threads. gotta be trained. gotta be handy with the steel.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:53 AM
NTX
HCF Member

you're right though. most shops could care less.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:19 PM

i think cranberry juice is supposed to be good for UTI Urinary Tract Infection

jsut dont use an impact to put lugnuts on. air tools are your friend

Quick Reply: what do you think about UTI?