The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What do you want to get for your next car>

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What do you want to get for your next car>

Undecided. I'd like to hold off until I get a place with a garage. I've got two vehicles right now...the Civic and a Wrangler. I want to get a Dualsport moto this spring too...probably a used '97-present Suzuki DR650SE.

My next CAR is probably going to be something similar to my current '00 sedan, for economy commuting, like a USED 8th gen Civic EX sedan, a loaded Corolla, or a Fit EX. I'd like to get a manual, but my gf would have to learn how to drive stick, and she's still just getting the hang of driving right now. Whichever of those I get, I'd like to run mild boost and a super-sticky suspension/tire setup.

Then I still want to have a 4WD for hauling stuff and nasty snows. I can repair/replace anything on my current Jeep, but it'd be nice to have something that tows more than 2000lb and gets more than 15-20MPG. I'd also like to have cruise, AC, and possibly 4drs (for if I start a family soon). I've been considering a 4dr Tracker, or maybe a JK Wrangler Unlimited. If Toyota or somebody would bring something like the diesel HiLux to the USA, I'd consider that too. The Taco 4dr is a bit bigger than what I'd want, but it gets better mileage than the Jeep, and it tows more. It'd need to be able to accomodate some moderate-sized siped mudders and a winch.

The DR650SE seems like the perfect moto for me. It's small enough for my gf to learn how to ride, has a good aftermarket, and is big enough for us small people to use as a 2-up adv bike. I don't need to go 100MPH. I considered the DR-Z400S, the Husky TE610, and the KTM 640-690ADV, but the DR just seems right for us...inexpensive, reliable, upgradable for slab, upgradable for dirt, and dealers all over.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:41 AM
HCF Member

After going for a drive in my buddies Skyline, I'd love to say i would get a skyline next but...I would like a 98 Honda Accord Coupe or Hayabusa swapped smart car! But realisticallyi would probably get a truck or an SUV. I can't fight my auto heritage, i was born and raised on trucks but if i could find a good condition Caprice i would jump on that in a heartbeat. Build a nice 350 or 383 stroker for it and drop in a 5-speed from a camaro and run loose on the city.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 AM
HCF Member

well if i had to choose seeing im way to deep in this bulid im doing i would have to say i need a truck so i can pull the civic around on a trailer and goto events and shows

but im leaning towards a dodge ram 2500 diesel that will have a fifth well so we can pull a large *** trailer withextra car parts and put a couple of cars in there. but thats way down the road from now on.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

if i were to get another car i'd look into: integra, civic, crx, 200sx, wrx, impreza, legacy, 2.5rs, celica, mr2, tercel, miata...pretty much anything that i can autox, rallyx, or road race.
A Tercel?[&:] i hope you mean the 96-99 DOHC model, the SOHC ones are slower then *****.... trust me i know i had one.

If i were to get a new car right now it would be a DC Teg, EP3, RSX or EK hatch. Maybe a Celica if i couldn't get those

Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

if i were to get another car i'd look into: integra, civic, crx, 200sx, wrx, impreza, legacy, 2.5rs, celica, mr2, tercel, miata...pretty much anything that i can autox, rallyx, or road race.
A Tercel?[&:] i hope you mean the 96-99 DOHC model, the SOHC ones are slower then *****.... trust me i know i had one.

If i were to get a new car right now it would be a DC Teg, EP3, RSX or EK hatch. Maybe a Celica if i couldn't get those
yeah i'd get the dohc model.i know a guy with one that runs like 14's lol. i'd only rallyx a tercel tho, wouldnt care if i rolled it haha.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

yeah i'd get the dohc model. i know a guy with one that runs like 14's lol. i'd only rallyx a tercel tho, wouldnt care if i rolled it haha.

Ok good, lol. There is a guy here that has one that will run 14's as well. my jaw hit the ground when the time was posted on the board when he finished his run

It's funny seeing a Tercel that has a big can on it and wheels. it makes me giggle

Old 02-06-2008, 05:29 AM
HCF Member

After I get my car the way I want it, I want to get a '99 or 2000 Si coupe. I want to have my sedan for my dd and a coupe for the weekends and just to tinker on.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well if i buy another car i would want a mid 80s year monte carlo SS. the more muscle style years like this.

only problem is finding a nice one that is black paint, and has a black interior or close to it, and one that also hasnt been lifted for some ugly @ss monster wheels!
of i can find one i would like to lower it just alittle some nice wheels and definatly tinted windows.
they are all either ghetto jacked up or cut up and molested for racers.

tho ill still have a civic for the milage driver.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 AM

At this point, I'm not interested in another car. Obviously, it would be kind of stupid to at this point as I bought a 2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe w/ Navi a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.hyperjump.net/gamedesigns/IMG00042.jpg
http://www.hyperjump.net/gamedesigns/IMG00043.jpg
http://www.hyperjump.net/gamedesigns/IMG00044.jpg
http://www.hyperjump.net/gamedesigns/IMG00045.jpg
http://www.hyperjump.net/gamedesigns/IMG00046.jpg

SEXY.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It will either be a Legacy GT Spec B, Forester XT, or an Audi S5 (only if I still own my wagon)

Quick Reply: What do you want to get for your next car>