The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: A poll
Guilty and contributed, lock him up!
65.22%
Guilty of knowing, slap em with a fine
4.35%
Innocent
4.35%
Who cares they're just dogs
13.04%
I poo'ed my pants, what's going on?
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

What should happen with Mike Vick?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Default RE: What should happen with Mike Vick?

eh if its on the news, it should be work safe

Old 07-27-2007, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

There is a certain layer of Hell that is reserved for the rapists, murders, and people like him...

Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

There is a certain layer of Hell that is reserved for the rapists, murders, and people like him...
The preservation of the justice requires representation for all criminals, no matter what the crime. I think we forget that it is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. There are/were quite a few people on death row who were set free b/c they weren't actually guilty. The police sometimes likes to abuse people to get confessions out of them.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:04 PM

Lock him and his brother up, and for once I just want to turn on Sportcenter and NOT hear about this piece of trash. Yeah the whole Barry Bonds thing is finally going away for now, but now it's vick vick vick! I want to hear about Tarrik Glenn's possible retirement and Corey Simon reporting for training camp ready to go! Woohoo! Is it football season yet?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

The preservation of the justice requires representation for all criminals, no matter what the crime. I think we forget that it is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. There are/were quite a few people on death row who were set free b/c they weren't actually guilty. The police sometimes likes to abuse people to get confessions out of them.
kind of off topic, but this is that forum lol...what about the scum that they caught in the act of murdering that family in CT, think they deserve a lengthy due process trial?

Old 07-28-2007, 07:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bobbytonic

kind of off topic, but this is that forum lol...what about the scum that they caught in the act of murdering that family in CT, think they deserve a lengthy due process trial?
Absolutly. Everyone, no matter the crime, deserves due process. You don't get to pick and choose.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: bobbytonic

[/blockquote]

Absolutly. Everyone, no matter the crime, deserves due process. You don't get to pick and choose.
Amen to that. It gets REAL slippery once we break away from this notion.

Edit: Sorry for the screwy quote in quote.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:44 PM

I completely agree, was making sure you were consistant in the thinking

Old 07-28-2007, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

vick is just like everyone else, it doesn't matter if people worship him or not. if he's guilty, then he should go to prison, if he's not, then oh well.

i just hope this doesn't turn into another 'OJ' trial, all they show in the news nowadays is either black men, or little white women, it's really just pathetic how desperate the public is when they worry about other peoples lives more than their own.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

vick is just like everyone else, it doesn't matter if people worship him or not. if he's guilty, then he should go to prison, if he's not, then oh well.

i just hope this doesn't turn into another 'OJ' trial, all they show in the news nowadays is either black men, or little white women, it's really just pathetic how desperate the public is when they worry about other peoples lives more than their own.
I agree, this issue is getting way too much press. There are real issues that need to be discussed. This dog fighting issue is an utter waste of time. We sit around and talk about how bad dog fighting is but when people, human biengs, are bieng slaughtered, we can't be bothered. Same thing with this Lindsay Lohan **** and all the other crap on the news.