The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

What's your favorite party song?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: What's your favorite party song?

ORIGINAL: MccM
You cant judge them unless you have heard their really old stuff. buddy hollie, hash pipe, surf america and those. But ive never been into death metal. Are you one of those people with like the really baggy pants with the straps and buttons a whistles everywhere or is that a different genre of music.

Dude aren't you like 14?!? I've been into music since, probably, before your parents even met each other.

Thanks for havin' my back Fiirkan. No, I'm not one of those typical "Hey look at me, I'm a ****ing outcast" types of people. Following a trend to prove you're a non-conformist....please. That aint my thing, but try to find someone NOT dressed like that, banging their head and fists more than me at a metal show I love the music because it motivates me, but I don't build my life/wardrobe around it.

...I stick to my opinion, Weezer is one of the worst things to ever happen to music.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 AM

dude, forty you look like your 12 in that picture. and i agree about weezer they really suck

Old 04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: ef4life

dude, forty you look like your 12 in that picture. and i agree about weezer they really suck
O RLY?!?! NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE!!! haha, just kidding, I hear that all the time actually. The only place I DONT get carded, is the bar I go to every Wednesday. Everything else, including smokes, I get carded for. I'm just grown used to it.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Dude aren't you like 14?!? I've been into music since, probably, before your parents even met each other.
first of all, yes i am 14 but i just have to say it... from the looks of things it looks like your about as old as myself.

I'm not one of those typical "Hey look at me, I'm a ****ing outcast" types of people.
Thats cool. Ive just never meet someone like that before so i just figured that death metal = typical death metal fan. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: MccM

first of all, yes i am 14 but i just have to say it... from the looks of things it looks like your about as old as myself.
I'm 22 man, no matter what the picture looks like.

And no problem on clearing that up, I hate being lumped in with those idiots

Old 04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

Not a problem Forty, I am in the same boat. i LOVE metal but i have nothing in my wardrobe that would show it. same goes with a few of my friends. i am 21 and have been ID'ed twice in the past 6 months that i can remember, once to buy smokes for my fried (who is 44, so it wasn't liek it was illegal) and the other day to buy scratch tickets)

and forty i am with you on the hating being lumped with that stereotype too, but i know at least 3 or 4 people who dress gothicy but they are really cool people

Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

holy crap and i thought I was young

Hash Pipe is deffinately not an old weezer song. unless you consider early 2000s old (green album sucked...only good song was Island in the Sun and MAYBE Hash Pipe if im in the right mood). but seriously...weezers old stuff (blue album and pinkerton are my favorites) is great. i guess some people could call it 'emo'...but its not. what emo really is is stuff like Cursive, Sunny Day Real Estate, stuff that nowadays would be considered 'indie'. what are now considered 'emo' and 'indie' derrived from the original 'emo'...which sounds more like modern day 'indie' than modern day 'emo. all modern day 'emo' is is 'indie' with pop-punk music instead of laid back acoustic riffs and stuff like that that defined emo in the beginning. i guess you can thank weezer for splitting the genre into two different genres...putting emo lyrics on ****ty music, but all in all theyre not a bad band. their guitar riffs are by far the most complex ive seen in modern pop-punk (at least on the old stuff) and i just think theyre sweet.

and im a metalhead all in all but i listen to some of the most obscure music you will ever hear. ever hear of someone listening to Saint-Seans' Third then going to In Flames the next song? im the only one i know of.

anyways my point is you cant judge someone by their music. you cant figure somebody will look like theyre trying to be a social outcast by the fact they listen to metal...i mean ****... this one preppy asian friend of mine's favorite band is Children of Bodom, and he wears stuff from Abercrombie and Fitch and American Eagle. you cant judge someone solely by the music they listen to.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

Hash Pipe is deffinately not an old weezer song. unless you consider early 2000s old
yea i didnt mean to say hash pipe