The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

whats yur tunez?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Default RE: whats yur tunez?

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

lol no i just think hardcore is funny. i usually associate the word with poser ****** who spend their entire lives at the mall in hot topic wearing Pantera or Metallica shirts like 'RAWK THA *** AWN MAHN DIS MUSIKS SO TYTE' and they just make complete idiots of themselves 24/7 because they think theyre the most badass thing to hit the planet since the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs when in reality theyre just complete morons who are just plain annoying and nobody likes.

oh yeah...9/10ths of the time they werent even born when the band broke up or when their music went to **** and back.
haha amen to that....i think i saw som1 wearing that shirt too

Old 06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

I like everything (with exceptions).. new rock, classic rock - guns n' roses, Van Halen, Rush lol the list goes on.. but has anyone ever heard of Dragon Force? They are pretty insane, I've never seen anyone play guitar like that. If you wanna check them out download,

Dragon Force - Fury of the Storm (good solo starts at around 5 mins too, and this song is pretty good actually)
Dragon Force - Through the Fire and Flames (good solo starts around 5mins if you don't want to sit through the whole song)

TiCkEr

Old 06-21-2006, 10:43 AM

what kind of music is this dragon force?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: TicKeR_96_HaTcH
Dragon Force - Fury of the Storm (good solo starts at around 5 mins too, and this song is pretty good actually)
Dragon Force - Through the Fire and Flames (good solo starts around 5mins if you don't want to sit through the whole song)
TiCkEr
Dude, if you like that, you need to check out Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom. Good stuff!

Old 06-21-2006, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

I am a alternative person.Sometimes I am into the Rap thing but alot of the time they get racists.Why would I want to listen to that.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:11 AM

ya im not to into the racist stuff either, you just gotta pick the right songs in rap i guess

Old 06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

**** how did i miss COB? ive been listening to them since i was five or six and Follow the Reaper is sittning next to me in its jewel case [:@]

oh well. yeah add COB to my list

Old 06-21-2006, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

There's some rock song's that don't sound good with the subs up but alot of them sound awesome (if you have it tuned right)... mine are... Trance Control is good to drive fast to, but mostly hardcore **** is the best...

Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 PM
HCF Member

Yeah hardcore stuff I think is the best because it gets you all hyped up. What i meant with rock not sounding too good with bass is that the rhythm sound strange when you hear the song and then the bass comes on a second after (dont know if that made sence).

Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

oh my god....i just got done making fun of people who call themselves and their music 'hardcore' and you guys are doing it....gahhh!

edit: what i like more is neither of you name any of these 'hardcore' bands that are 'teh sh*t'

mm another one of my favorite bands is Dream Theater. there a progressive rock/metal band from New York. all of them are godly good at their instruments. theyve been around for a while so their sound has evolved a lot. their first two cds (When Dream and Day Unite, Images & Words) are very Rush/Yes sounding...more classical feel. Then Awake is a heavier album with a more metally sound to it (and it has a little less of the crazy kick-*** 2 minute guitar/bass/keyboard/drum solos). Then they had A Change of Seasons...which is a 5 track album. The whole point of the album was to get this song (ACOS) out there. Its a 23 minute progressive rock song about a guy who lives a crappy younger life and gets messed up on drugs and stuff but then has a child and his life turns around. Very Pink Floydish sound. The other 4 tracks are covers they did at a live concert...nothing special. After that album they went back to the Rush/Yes sound with Falling Into Infinity, then their album after that is my personal favorite...Scenes From a Memory. They had a track on Images and Words called 'Metropolis pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper'. This whole Scenes From a Memory album is Metropolis pt 2. THe entire album is one long progressive 58 minute track devided into 4 different movements and 12 different tracks. My personal favorite. After that was their sixth album, 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Dual disc set, the first disc has this song called The Glass Prison thats about a drunk trying to get off but he cant...yadda yadda..its 3 movements on the one track. Second disk is one long song, 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence, devided into 6 movements. Its kinda cool...because the last track they hit a note (F#maj9 or something like that) and they hold it out and it fades to the end for about a minute and a half. 'ok whats cool about that?'. well the next album, Train of Thought (my second favorite), starts with a 13 second fade in of that note. Also, the second track of the thing is 2 more movements continuing The Glass Prison. This album by far has the best soloing. John Petrucci (guitarist) really let it rip on this one. Stuff like 64th notes at 120bpm...all of them picked. The sixth track, Stream of Conciousness, is all instrumental and has some of the most insane keys/guitar solos ive heard in my entire life (and i listen to a lot of music). After that, their next album Octivarium came out. I personally dont like it much except the first track, which is movements 6 7 and 8 of The Glass Prison. kinda cool that they stretched this one concept over three albums. but other than that i didnt think that album was all that great. im not sure what theyre doing right now...they could be recording or maybe already have another cd.

sorry about that....check out Dream Theater if rock is your thing

Quick Reply: whats yur tunez?