The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Why must these things happen???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member
Default Why must these things happen???

Seriously, why is it that only the good people get sick, Why do the good have the bad things happen, There are billions of people on this planet and it seems that the Bad people NEVER get what is comming to them. I mean seriously...

Reason i am ranting like this is cause this has been one of the worst weeks of my life...no... THE worst week of my life. Happy birthday me... My birthday was on Tuesday, and well my mom recently underwent a mamogram, nothing out of the usual for a 49 year old woman. Well Tuesday they called her in and said they spotted something and wanted to take some samples, so she went in, and we got the results back yesterday... and they came back positive. You would not believe the heartache that you get when you see the look on your own mothers face when she just finds out that she has cancer and has to tell her family. I mean i was there when she got the call. I tried my best to stay strong, cause the last thing i wanted to do was begin to cry in front of her when she had just hung up the phone and had to tell me, but i just couldn't i tried to as best i could. But even while typing this i can't help but shed some tears.

We don't know how bad it is yet, she went to the doctor this morning, and they are going to do some cat scans and mri's and a bunch of other crap to see how bad it is... only time will tell.

The plus is that the survival rate these days for breast cancer is like 75-80%... but i mean comeon... is there even really a plus side to cancer...

Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Why must these things happen???

that sucks, man.. I hope everything turns out all right...

but there is one good thing to surviving cancer: a new outlook on life. Seriously... my old high school math teacher had skin cancer quite a few years back (and obviously made it out okay)... he's honestly one of the happiest and most grateful human beings I've ever met... he's just so positive about everything.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM

i know what your going through man.two years agomy mom found out she had cancer and the whole family was in a heart break. it was one of the worst things you could hear, you know. but she had it removed and shes 100% healthy and cancer free. so everything is gonna turn out good, and like reaper2022 said shell have a brand new look on everyday life

Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Stinky Administrator

i hate to hear that tim your mom and your family will be in our prayers

Old 10-06-2007, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

I shall pray for you and your family. Stay strong man, God is always there, just reach out.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:34 PM
HCF Member

Chin up brother. Just stay upbeat, it will go a long way to helping her. You know we are here if you need to talk. Good thoughts are on their way.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
HCF Member

Sorry to hear that man I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Snail'n Admin

we are all here for ya buddy. i know what you mean, my aunts had cancer, my cousins had 3 different kidns of cancer (but they somehow kill themselves) and my mom keeps getting tests back that are negative. But if you ever need anything, the people from HCF are here for ya!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:38 PM
HCF Member

cancer=suxors

Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Hang in there... I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Think positive and keep your mom positive.... My dad is one of the rare few people who was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer and they said the only had about a 5% chance and it has been 12 now and he's like nothing happened. Also check for a local cancer facility in you area.... they have some of the best treatments that common doctor's don't use...... and most important act quickly and if you don't like what the doctor is saying get a second opinion, because what I have learned is some doctors drag their feet and with any type of cancer that is the last thing you want to do.

Quick Reply: Why must these things happen???