The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Why Is Rice So Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:24 PM
HCF Member
Default Why Is Rice So Bad?

I want to know why alot of people dont like "ricey" looking cars... I have a mostly stock looking car but I think if it looks good, try it... what are your thoughts?

Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Default RE: Why Is Rice So Bad?

I think if you like it F### what everyone else says. The term "rice" seems to be getting outta control. Now when it comes down to it someone always labels something as rice!

Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

rice is just another way of saying.."it looks bad" or "i dont like it" or "ugly", thats all it is...

Old 09-05-2006, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

yep I agree with mill. 100%

Old 09-05-2006, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

yea really, if you like it and are happy with it. It's your car. whose to say what you put on it.
________
Honda VF500F

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:27 PM

I respect anyone who puts time and money into their car, even if I don't dig the style. Bearing that in mind, I still reserve the right to stare, mouth agape, in horror, at anyone's car that breaks any of these five rules.

1: never add a spoiler to a pre-existing spoiler

2: never apply generic flame decals anywhere near your wheel wells

3: never strap a 3" diameter piece of galvanized pipe under your rear bumper across from your real exhaust to make it look like you have duel exhaust

4: never jack up the rear suspension of your front wheel drive civic with stock steelies and hubcaps

5: duct tape/electrical tape is NEVER acceptable as a racing stripe

Old 09-05-2006, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

Duct tape!!! HAHAHAHAHHAA

Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

id say if you like it sport it. who cares what everyone else thinks, its your car. people on this forum like the sleeper look and like to make cars go fast. they could care less what their cars look like. if i could do it again i would go with performance first and then get a lip kit with a sweet paint job. but i like my bodykit all around. its just whatever you like sport it is my motto.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 AM

There's a certain type of person that runs in the ricer crowd, and generally I just don't want to associate with them based on their personality. (There are exceptions to every rule mind you. I'll never fully judge a book by it's cover.) But as far as the look is concerned, come on, we all laugh when we see this ridiculous, gawdy hunk of metal rolling down the road. Everyone has their own taste as far as look is concerned, the clothes you like, hair style, all of it. But what I think is funny about the people that drive these cars, truly, is the fact that they think this look makes them hard in some way. I could go into a spiel about what I think truly makes someone hard, but that's not what this thread is about. I'll leave you all to form your own opinions on that one. This is just mine.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Rice is not money well spent, and that is why it's "so bad"

end of story

Quick Reply: Why Is Rice So Bad?