The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Why Is Rice So Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Default RE: Why Is Rice So Bad?

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

^ the worst is when they are all those things on one car
I can't help, but laugh at those kids.

PS. the car is your sig is a perfect example of a HB. It's not quite stock looking. Dody work definately makes the car stand out from the crowd in a good, non-tacky way

Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Being a ricer has nothing to do with what you drive IMO, it is a attitude. Show cars are not rice, we play around and kid eachother as if they are but it's the guy with a strictly show car that thinks it's fast when it pulls 16 second 1/4 miles that is rice IMO.
I think Marty (and some others) have the best definition of a ricer here. I mean, you can't always judge someone by the looks of the car. I know a guy working hard on restoring his car and, some of you guys may qualify him as rice, but I can tell you he's not. It's ALL about the attitude.
Name:  IMG_2554.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  149.9 KB

Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 PM

i dunno wut u guys are talkin about....rice is so damn good! fried rice is my favorite. u can eat it with just about anything too!!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: andryuha

To me, a ricer is a car that looks tacky and is an eyesore. Here's a list of things that I consider as being ricey:
-car with multiple paint colors
-oversized wings (race cars are the exception, but you wouldn't normally see these on the street)
-body kits that don't match the lines of the car. Here's a good example: rice
-decals
-neons
-oversized chrome wheels
-rediculous camber setting
-"dual exhaust" on a 4cyl car
-unpainted body kits
Why would neons be considered rice? I think they add a nice show aspect to the car and make it look as if its "glowing" or floating in the air. Everything else on the list makes sence to me exept the noeon lights part.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:43 PM

this reminds me...today at school i saw a 5th gen coupe with a stupid freakin wing and an interfooler[:@] and theres this white accord i always see that has a stupid wing, fugly body kit, altezzas, dual exausts, flame decals from the wheels, and buncha other junk[:'(]

Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
HCF Member

I love the look of my 91 hatch because it's different from all the stock black on black hatches that have 18" rims and think they're fast
But I do consider it rice because I don't have a swap or any major mods. I just don't have that rice attitude

Old 09-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

personaly i say neons can be called rice quite easy... BUT DONT BE FOOLED INTO SAYING ALL "UB LIGHTS" ARE RICE!

i stand by my underbody lights all night long!!!!!!!!!!

thier are two ways i call neons rice myself...
ONE........ the lights are just under the car TOTALY VISABLE! so basialy you see the bulb NOT the glow on the ground like it should be!

TWO........ the glow is WAY SHORT from corner to corner glow! the only gap thier should be is on the wheels!

i like the way i did mine!!!!
tho i still have to hide my bulbs just alittle bit more....

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...odes019mpg.flv

my side bulbs are only slightly visable! and thats only cause i used my old bulbs from my truck and had built up silicone on the bulbs which is holding them down alittle... just didnt know about it holding down till i had them ON and lit. O WELL no big deal...

BUT RICE is definatly something that realy looks like crap and is visable at all times!
like again.. my lights are only visable when i turn them ON at night

now those huge ugly wings... REALY CRAPY body kits.... and any type of racing strip i say ONLY ON old school muscle cars i say!!!!

and different colors all over the car i hate! i say 3 colors MAX ON A CAR! inside and out!

but by worst is a cheap body kit just slaped on!!!!
o man i saw some many crapy body kits at the last show i went to its extremly pathetic!!!
a 5 year old coulda used playdo to make a beter fiting body kit!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Rice is pretty simple.

It's when people cheap out on parts or try to take shortcuts, or just flat out don't know what they're doing. It's also the attitude, thinking your 100whp muffler tipped Civic is a race car is just ****ing stupid. The worst part is, a lot of kids don't even understand how their engine works, or they use the excuse "turbo kits/engine work is too expensive" and they refuse to do any kind of research to help them better understand how an engine works. So they decide to "pimp" their ride... yes... the pimp civic mobile. What most fail to understand is that any good body kit and paint job costs AS MUCH if not MORE than a nice turbo setup, not to mention "RIMZZZ" and any other exterior mods are extremely expensive after you figure out pieces and most importantly ... PAINT.

Thus, they cheap out, are impatient, etc. Car turns out looking like utter ****, and we have what is called rice.

I'm bored, so I explained it lol.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

the textbook definition of 'ricer' (if one actually exists...this is how my dad explained it when i was 8 or 9) is (or would be) any person who takes a cheap economy car, lowers it, puts on big decals and a huge wing along with giant *** wheels. in other words...all show, no go. basically trying to make a show car out of an econo-box.

the term has, of course, evolved into meaning other things. its turned into a term for people who want to make their card loud as possible with no speed or show goals, for people who want to go fast so spend about 15 bucks at home depot on PVC pipe and duct tape, and for people with an attitude like marty described (thinking you're the best looking or fastest car when you are nowhere near either).

personally...if i see any 'tuner' car (tuner meaning an econo box with a huge aftermarket) that has anything i think isnt clean looking or looks cheaped out on, i'll call it rice. basically, if you're ride is clean, it isnt rice IMO.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:13 PM

the term "Rice" is used loosely as an opinion....there is no definition because its just an opinion. but as u can see from the posts made, there is a general understanding of wut "Rice" is...

Quick Reply: Why Is Rice So Bad?