The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Wisdom Teeth....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Wisdom Teeth....

I had all 4 cut out and did not feel a thing. You cant smoke for a couple days, cant drink out of a straw for a couple days but as far as actually getting it done you should not feel a thing. When I got done I was goofy for a good 8 hours after they did it from all the **** they pumped into my system, I got in the chat room talking and **** and I dont even know what he hell I was talking about lol.............good times, I'd have teeth pulled more often if I could lol.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

I had all 4 cut out and did not feel a thing. You cant smoke for a couple days, cant drink out of a straw for a couple days but as far as actually getting it done you should not feel a thing. When I got done I was goofy for a good 8 hours after they did it from all the **** they pumped into my system, I got in the chat room talking and **** and I dont even know what he hell I was talking about lol.............good times, I'd have teeth pulled more often if I could lol.
Haha awesome. Hopefully it all works out. For the people who got their teeth removed, how was the swelling?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

Not to bad, after a day or 2 it gets tiring but it goes away fairly quickly

Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's completley different for everyone. I've had friends that got it done, and were eating at Taco Bell that night. One buddy of mine didn't even need to take any of his pain killers after the surgery

I, on the other hand, couldn't eat solid food for a week and a half. I got a dry socket and was dealing with different issues for a while. (No, I did not smoke, I did not use a straw, and I followed their guidelines toa T). Thenurse even told me that it doesn't matter, some people get dry sockets no matterhow cautious they are.

Just lay back and get some rest for a couple days. Watch what you eat, and don't mess with the holes, stitches, etc..

Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 AM

just look forward to the gas and pain killers...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:20 AM
HCF Member

Ya a no a couple people who went as well, 1 guy had a really tuff time with it, he face was all messed up for like a week and he couldnt eat anything hard. This girlI no only had swelling for a couple of days but it still hurts after you get out of it. I think I may have to go sooner or later.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

I had all 4 pulled and I had no pain after at all, I tool some pain killers for 2 days after but thats it. Its not as bad as everyone says.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Administrator

i had two pulled last tuesday. the procedure took about 2 minutes..the worst part for me was the injection through the roof of my mouth..after that, no pain. the extraction point didnt hurt so much, but the next day i felt like someone had punched me in the mouth...no swelling, but i bled until thursday, and that annoyed me. i expected it to be MUCH worse, but it really wasnt so bad at all.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

I had all of mine cut out, and an extra tooth at the same time. (An extra tooth that was inside the roof of my mouth. My extra tooth came from having too much calcium when I was little--what the dentist told me)

The shots they give you, really make your mouth NUMB. After the first 2 or 3, you cant feel anything. The only weird thing is that while he's prying on them and stuff, it seems like it would hurt, but it doesnt.

After having them pulled, it didnt hurt. He gave me some Hydrocodones.

Not trying to change the subject, but just the other day I had a cavity filled without having a shot to numb me first. Anyone else done this before?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator

ive never had a cavity..or any tooth issues, for that matter. i had no idea what was going on when i suddenly had a toothache. one of my wisdom teeth just broke one morning while eating breakfast and while they were in there, i had them take another one out that was a little crooked...

its really odd, while the dentist is pulling the teeth...youre aware that something is going on, but it just feels like he is pushing against the inside of your mouth and POP, out it comes. it happened almost a week ago, to the hour, and i still have VERY minor pain at the extraction point...basically, where the holes are, im still a little sore...but i only took the pain meds for the first day.

Quick Reply: Wisdom Teeth....