The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

wrecked car

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Default wrecked car

Well got a call yeasterday from my wife and told me that daughter wrecked her car yesterday. Everyone is ok but they said the car might be totaled. Wasn't the Si (thank god) she got a 05 malibu. I am hopping that it was totaled and get her something else. It was nice but I really don't want her to be driving a car that was wrecked and it possibly bent the fram. Don't have pics yet I go home and will see it myself tomarrow and post pics Sunday.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: wrecked car

good thing shes ok.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

Get your wallet out for insurance.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:48 AM
HCF Member

ouch.. glad shes ok... my g.f has one of those.. soo let me know how it held up soo i can stop worrying about chevy crap

Old 06-02-2006, 12:53 AM

glad to hear your daughters ok!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 07:03 PM

Well went and looked at the car today, didn't get a chance to get a good look at it as I had to look through a fence. As far as I can tell it is mostly cosmetic. The only thing I am a lil concerned about it front driver side tire. The top was leaning inside the car, hopefully it is just knocked out of alignment. It isn't totaled unless it has much more problems than I can see. I know it will need new bumper front driver side panel and rear driver side tail light. The airbags didn't deploy on it and from what I seen it should have. I am going to try to have this looked at and see what the deal on that was. The whole front panel and bout 2 foot of the front bumper was bent up pretty good. I didn't get to get pics and want since I have to leave tomarrow and it is being taken to the shop Mon. and was too far for my camera to take a decent one. It was determined not to be her fault.

Anyway I have a question for anyone who knows a bit bout insurance. If it was the other persons fault do I have to still pay the deductible?

Old 06-03-2006, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

do you have collision on the car?..i would deffinitly start talking to your insurance company about polices, you dont want to pay it out of your pockit because from what your saying i bet its going to be OVER 5,000 to get it fixed, i had a little dent and the honda dealership quoted me about 3,500 (didnt have to pay for it)

Old 06-04-2006, 03:50 AM

if its the other persons fault, then their insurance pays the damages. you won't have to pay a dime. (unless they have crappy insurance that doesn't cover all the damages then your insurance would kick in and you might have to pay your deductable)....sucks about the car tho.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:15 AM

Yeah I have full coverage on the vehicle but I have $1000 deductible. I was talking to my wife yesterday and she said that it was leaking something probably radiatior fluid. I hate I am not going to get the chance to look at it myself. [:@] Anyway the other persons car insurance never heard of before but my wife told me that my insurance was going to go ahead and have it fixed and they get their money back from the other insurance agency. That way she wouldn't have to worry about them and that the car would go ahead and get fixed and not just sit around. Never heard that being done, she also said that the ins. told her to find a body shop and have them to go ahead and pick up the car and get it fixed. I always thought you had to get an adjuster from the insurance to look at it first. Anyways I will find out what happens when the body shop picks it up and see if I can't get them to tell me how bad the front is.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:30 AM
HCF Member

hey im 16 and i was going home like 2 months ago and was speeding just a little (110) around a corner and ran into a wheat field...like a 1/2 mile into the wheat field...it was dark so my mom missed me when she rode by but we got the tow truck up there...blah blah blah and he drove it out...turns out i messed up the bumper and bent the radiator bar pretty bad...like 4 inches dented in....and my radiator hit the top of the hood and busted the top off of it...well....we live near a lil town called pageland...many people call us rednecks but i tied it to a tree with a chain and threw it in reverse and it bent the bar out PERFECT....threw a new radiator in and got a primer bumper sittin in tha garage waiting to be painted...just make sure to get the car alligned...mine was pretty bad off...like 1.25...im glad shes ok....

Haley

Quick Reply: wrecked car