The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

"Zoey" my baby, was broken into last night and pillaged.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:41 PM
HCF Member
Default "Zoey" my baby, was broken into last night and pillaged.

They tried to steal her, which is obvious from my steering column and ignition being completely Ransacked. They broke the metal ignition OFF and also tore the plastics off. The fuses under the hood were also ****ed with which leads me to assume they couldn't figure out how to start her (thanks to the killswitch) and I guess when they gave up they decided to take anything they could from the car. Being my cd case with 100+ cds, my friends bag with laptop and important documents, such as the title to his car, his ssn, tax information, and bank statements. Also his notes for school. They also took my purse, but thank god I did not have ANYTHING in my purse and my wallet was in the backseat under the driver side chair.. somehow they missed it, THANK GOD! So at 6 am this morning we came out to my Zoey being completely raped in the kaiser parking lot in Redlands after I go-go'ed an event out there ALL NIGHT. ****ing sucked.

So after 5 hours, we finally got a police report written (they wouldn't come out and finger print), and our friend drove out from Temecula to help out my car together enough to start it. Which we finally did with the help of a Swiss Army Knife (with screwdriver head, scissors, etc) that my aunt cleverly put in an emergency pack she made for each of our family members car.

So she starts, but she is not sexy currently, and needs a lot of work to get her back up to where I want her to be, and where she deserves to be. Eww, I am so upset about this. But thank god for the killswitch or I would not have a car right now at all.

And here's the picture:
Name:  0215091331.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  71.3 KB

All in all, it could have been a lot worse, but my car is my baby, im sure some of you can relate. So if anyone knows of anyone to get her fixed or get parts for her, I'd really appreciate the help.

I can't believe these idiots didn't TOUCH my head unit or the brand new infinity speakers.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

no alarm????
a kill switch is good to have BUT it gives you no warning of a theft attempt.... id install a paging alarm system to protect your car from further theft and if at all posible find a garage to park your SI in... if they tried once and found out they could not drive it off there is a high probibility they will next drag it off with a tow truck or flatbed at night...
the 2 best options you can get for your car besides the kill switch which you have already is a paging alarm system and also a tilt sensor hooked up to the alarm system this way if they try to tow it the sensor will trigger the alarm and then the alarms lcd paging remote will page your remote control if in range that is... and you can come out either guns blazing OR AT LEAST call the cops ASAP and have them on the look out for your stolen car on a tow truck or trailer! or even jump in your other car and follow them while on the cell phone to the cops telling them your following your stolen car right then!

you should know the SI is the most stolen and quickest gutted car! they dont want your stereo! they want the motor, the si cluster, seats and wheels and anything else that is VERY EASY to sell fast!
another reason why shaving the SI badge is also a good idea and tint the windows.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

Indeed. Do have alarm and have a pager for it, but it's beat up and haven't gotten the battery for it, which god I damn well should have. The tilt sensor is a ****ing amazing idea. I'm going to have to go do some research on that and get it installed. I took the Si Badge off this morning and plan on removing the WING and SI wheels, and putting either aftermarket wheels on, or wheels from a base model honda. I do not want any indication on my car that it is an si anymore. Windows are already tinted, but my window is damaged where they pryed it open and would be SUPER easy to open again.

Any suggestions as to what to do with that?

Old 02-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i wouldnt remove the wing or wheels for just that...

but as to the window being damaged is it the top post thats damaged or the door skin that is all bent up? if its just the top door frame then you can always simply brace the door and with your hands pull the top of the door frame back towards you.

and the tint sensor is very easy to install! just afew wires and a zip tie to hold the sensor.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

i upgraded my alarm system after someone messed with my car. looks like the used a screwdriver and try to pry the window. no i dea what they were doing but it cracked my window into lots of pieces. good thing i had tint so the shattered glass didn't fall everywhere. after that i got a clifford paging alarm with all sort of sensor, i got a high pitch siren inside the car, shock sensor, backup battery, tilt sensor, glass breakage sensor. i am getting the cut off swtich installed next. at least you still have your car and not having it gone

Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 PM

damn guys i think i might need to install a kill switch after hearing all these thefts on here and honda-tech
next time i have my rear panels off i'll definitely be doing it.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

a kill switch is great to protect from some one hot wiring the car but if they thieves are more of a pro and organized all they need is a tow truck and in under 20 seconds back up and drive off with your ride, most of your neighbors will just laugh and think..... o he must not be paying his car note and its getting repoed. and laugh as it drives away... even if the alarm was blaring... and even a cop would think nothing about that as long as the truck looked legit which is very easy to do with some magnetic signs and some vinyl cut up to look like a pros respectable towing company.

basicaly in short.... best way to really protect your investment is full coverage insurance... at least then your not totaly hit when your car is destroyed or stolen.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 AM
HCF Member

Yep have full coverage. And fixing my **** on Saturday. Then installing a viper alarm with a 1mile radius & tilt sensor. on the remote for when I work out of town. My city is safe, it's the cities I work in sometimes that I worry about. When it was broken into, I was working in Redlands.

Seriously thinking about installing the FIN too.. THE FIN

Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Snail'n Admin

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
damn guys i think i might need to install a kill switch after hearing all these thefts on here and honda-tech
next time i have my rear panels off i'll definitely be doing it.
Now i know where its at....

Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
Now i know where its at....
unless i was making that up...

although, even if i did put it on the rear panels, i have an idea that you wouldn't find even if you knew it was on the rear panels.

Quick Reply: "Zoey" my baby, was broken into last night and pillaged.