Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Door lock not working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Default 03 Door lock not working.

Hi Guys,

My wifes 2003 Civic LX exterior door lock is not working from the outside. I can put the key in the lock, But it will not turn. She locked her keys in the car a couple months back..... Yea... It is possible on a civic. Anyway, When AAA opened it I think he damaged the lock. It kind of worked at first. Now nothing.

Can I replace the lock mechanisim seperate of the Handle? And Will Honda order me one to match the rest of the car based on the rest of the car? If not am I able to swap the Drivers and Pass side door locks?

Thanks.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Default RE: 03 Door lock not working.

Anyone?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

take off the door panel and check it out

Old 06-27-2007, 09:48 PM

is triple a gonna pay because my first car was an 84 blazer and that was annoying with seperate keys for ign and doors, probably for less than the cost of a new handle you could just buy her a keyless entry system, alarm or remote start system.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:48 AM

This sucks.
Why post replies that don't help anybody?
"take off the door panel and check it out "

Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: dfdon

take off the door panel and check it out
Thanks for the advise. Being an aircraft mechanic by trade, I have already done that. Using my deductive reasoning, I have concluded that the problem is internal. However, I did not try to disassemble the door lock assembly without having the replacement parts on hand.

Thanks.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: chelseadaisy333

This sucks.
the reason why no one answers is bc this has already been answered at least TWICE by me since I have been a member. Its called a search button. For the LAST and final time I will ever answer this question... it is your actuator and is a common problem. And it is usually easier to replace the whole assembly.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: jd352

ORIGINAL: chelseadaisy333

This sucks.
the reason why no one answers is bc this has already been answered at least TWICE by me since I have been a member. Its called a search button. For the LAST and final time I will ever answer this question... it is your actuator and is a common problem. And it is usually easier to replace the whole assembly.
Thanks smart guy.....
I was trying to find out if the left and right lock cylinders are interchangeable. The dealer said if I replace the unit as a whole, It will not have the same key. And I even asked if the could order a matching one based on my vin....

About the search,

I did try a search, But when people use terms like "help" "Now what" and "Broken" etc. as the sole title of a thread, It is not too likely to come up as a response to the search term " door lock assembly" now is it.....

Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

I had up another post when that happened on a dif. forum and got them all confused. My bad. The handel and the lock assembly are two different parts and will not affect one another.What he meant by take off the door panel and check it out... its actually probably the best help anyone could give at this point. Of all the times I have ever used AAA, they never pick the locks, rather use the slim jim method. I would open it up, and see if any rods were knocked loose or bent before spending the money to replacethe lockcylinders.Once again, sorry, but maybe this advice will help you out.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:03 PM

I'll play with it this weekend, then post the results. Thanks