Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm

dont do it....cuz u will be in an accident and not have it on...that would suck....my seatbelt saved my life had i not had it on i would have been through the front window... which woulda sucked..cause i woulda been in the car infront of me that i hit head on...really man think about it... if nothin else...take ur seat belt around the back of ur seat and buckle it in

Old 12-13-2005, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: absoulute

i would suggest if anything go to the junkyard and cut one of the clips off and just use it as a key put it in there when u don't wear it that way u don't mess with wires and risk anything with abs just get a seatbelt that looks like yours
It's an 06... there isn't going to be any at the junk yard. Good idea though, see if you can buy a new connector from Honda and use it as a key.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
HCF Member

Dude, it was the only thing that saved me after dropping a car 30 feet nearly off a bridge. Hadn't planned on rollin' down a hill, but it saved me! But if it is that much of a hassle, and it's ONLY for that stop and go stuff and you HAVE to do it and you're GOING THE SLOWER THAN SLUG SH*T you can ghetto-ize it and run the belt BEHIND your seat til you're ready to use it again.

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I PROMOTE SEATBELT USE. Just helpin' out!

Old 12-17-2005, 11:34 AM

Just to add to the pro seat belt comments.
In 2 accidents, one my fault the other rammed into a school bus, had I not been wearing a belt I would have been toast.
If you admit to not wearing your belt in an accident, your insurance is canceled before the car stops. Its very had to prove you had your belt on when the steering column is sticking out of your chest.
In New York State the passenger can be ticketed along with the driver for seat belt violations.
Lastely, whoever hops in a car to drive half a block is one lazy SOB. Try walking, its good for your health.
Did anyone ever notice, the one that parks closest to their destination seems to be the heaviest??
Later Dudes
Rix

Old 12-17-2005, 03:53 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: djohnso
It floors me how eager people are to give up their rights to choose for themselves. I like my freedom and I’ll do whatever I can to preserve it in all shapes and forms.
Well, I guess you will always have the freedom to break the law.

Old 12-17-2005, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

hey i park in the front spot of walmart all the time..and ive stayed under 125 with out having to work out..and i eat like a pig

Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

High matabolism...You SUCK!!!

Old 12-17-2005, 08:28 PM

most seatbelts are universal though...when i switched to eclipse seats i was like great i have to switch the belt holder but didn't have to they make them universal pretty much thats why i said to find one like u have

Old 12-18-2005, 12:44 AM

Im gonna agree with everyone and say keep em connected and wear your seatbelt. Even for 30 seconds. Its just natural to me. The night I was in my accident, I remember we got out of the car at a gas station, jumped back into the car to go down the street to a friends house, and I had my seatbelt on before the driver even got into the car. (I remember wondering if the guy thought I was kinda lame for doing it so quickly LOL how stupid and naive I was). A few mins later I was sitting in my own blood while the kid tried to get service on his cell phone to call an ambulance. Had I not worn that seatbelt I would not be here to preach about seat belts. And my mom would have been planning her daughters funeral instead of just staying with me in the hospital. Think about everyone who loves you everytime you dont feel like putting your seat belt on.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
HCF Member

Click here to see Video

Quick Reply: 06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm