Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'06 Civic with two issues in need of fixes

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Default '06 Civic with two issues in need of fixes

This is an '06 Civic EX sedan with no aftermarket modifications.

The first issue involves the trunk release lever on the driver's floor. The fuel door release operates without a problem, but the trunk release is hard to move and will not actually open the trunk. I've also made sure that the lever is unlocked.

The second issue involves keyless entry. At some point, the fobs began working only intermittently to lock, unlock, and open the trunk, but more recently, they stopped working altogether. I've changed the batteries in both fobs multiple times, so that's not the source of the problem. The power locks still operate normally, I still get the reminder chimes when I leave the key in the ignition, and the red security LED still flashes after the vehicle is locked. Would I be correct in assuming that the problem lies with the immobilizer/keyless entry module on the front of the ignition swtich?

Both of these problems are relatively minor, and I can easily live with them rather than paying Honda for the repairs. But if I can fix them myself, I'm definitely willing to put in the effort and expense if both are reasonable, I just need a point in the right direction. Thanks in advance.