Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

07 Civic master door lock switch doesn't work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Default 07 Civic master door lock switch doesn't work?

Hello everyone first posting need some help.

My mom just got a great deal on a 07 Civic EX it has low mileage and she got a great price and everything is perfect except for one little thing. The master door lock switch doesn't work. So on the driver side if she hits the button it does nothing.

But the weird thing is when she uses the key fob all the doors lock/unlock ok. Manually push the door lever ***** it works fine. Use the key in the door it's fine. Even hit the door lock switch on the passenger side works for both doors.

I really want her to be able to lock both doors as soon as she gets into her car with the driver master switch. Safety reasons.

The dealer wanted 150 bucks just to diagnose the problem only.

So my question is it a simple and easy fix? Is it expensive? Could it be as simple as a fuse or a loose wire? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

tear the door panel off and see if the wire is disconnected to the switch? the switch could be damaged inside. cant point the finger at the fuses because you said it works when you turn the key in the door. does it have an alarm? if it has a alarm try the remote keypad

Old 03-27-2010, 11:20 PM

It does have the factory alarm.

What does the remote keypad mean? Do you mean the fob unit with the key?

That does work but I would hate for her to drain the battery on it faster if she can just hit the door switch. It's funny how can the dam thing be not working if the one in my old 26 year old car is still going strong. Even a friends daughter is having the same problem same exact car and model year so if I can fix this one I'll let her know too.

If you have anymore ideas/questions let me know and I'll try them.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Default How does a Parts Changing Monkey tear door panel off?

Originally Posted by MistaGlock
tear the door panel off and see if the wire is disconnected to the switch? the switch could be damaged inside. cant point the finger at the fuses because you said it works when you turn the key in the door. does it have an alarm? if it has a alarm try the remote keypad
Hi MistaGlock,
First, I'm having a hard time finding threads and posts about this because a Chevy Malibu ad keeping popping up and hiding the search menu - nasty! Is nothing sacred? But I found this one greatfuly! Please tell me how to take the door panel off without ruining everything. Here's the prob - over a year ago, I had an accident and had the door replaced. Everything was fine. But recently, the lock on the driver door is missing! I suspect no foul play - I live in the country, and cars don't get broken into. (Well, who knows?) I suspect the lock fell inside the door somewhere. Can I do it without special tools? Thanks!
Yours in Civic appreciation (mine gets 40 mpg.)
Diahni

Old 05-22-2010, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

well what kind of civic do you own. mine has screws around the backside of the interior panel. one in the handle part "the part u grab to slam the door. gotta unscrew that one and pop the handle out. then the panel over the electronic lock switches/door handle. then one last one by the mirror. im not sure if their are any in the speaker cradle. once their out pull from the bottom to pop the spring rivets out then lift directly up and they should come out. you may have to disconnect the switch pack for the windows "mine is a 88 and they have a wire harness going to the pack and its mounted on the door panel itself. once its up roll up the window if its not up "makes it easier to get inside the door framework" and see if its at the bottom. but the door lock itself.... did the lock switch fall in or the whole damn thing. because if the whole damn thing fell in the door wouldnt close "it would but it wont stay closed, the lock block hangs onto the striker pin on the door.