Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

09 Civic daytime running lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Default 09 Civic daytime running lights not working

Hi all, I just bought a 2009 Civic from Copart as a rebuilder. It was hit in the right front, and the passenger headlight assembly was shattered, but the only broken bulb was the DRL/high beam bulb. the orange turn light and headlight both worked. All lights worked on the driver side including the DRL. the "DRL" indicator light was lit on the dash indicating the broken bulb on the pass. side. After replacing the broken bulb the daytime running lights no longer work. High beams however, do work. "DRL" is no longer lit up on the dash. " DRL" indicator light does not come on with all the others anymore when the key is first turned to the ON position. I checked fuse 37 under the dash and it wasn't blown, even tried a new fuse. Nothing. Also tried replacing the driver side DRL/high beam bulb. No luck. Any ideas? It's acting like a fuse is blown. Is there a relay or other fuse I need to check? If I were keeping the car for myself I wouldn't mind not having DRL's but I'm fixing and flipping this one so I would prefer everything in working order. Thanks for any input.