Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 civic drain tube issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
HCF Member
Default 94 civic drain tube issue

Hi, recently found the cause of a leak under my driver side dash. Kept thinking it was the door seal but after fixing that it kept getting wet a little bit. Washing the car it wouldn't show but today I kept filling up my sunroof drain tube that goes down the front driver side and found that it takes quite a bit of water for it to show up and puddle inside the car. I've been reading ways to unclog this and seems like air compressor is the easiest method. Only thing is water is draining out behind the front tire fine so it might only be partially clogged. I think I read that there is a Y connection in there and can leak out the Y connector or somewhere else. Where does that other hose go to and is there anyway to access that Y connection?? I don't know what else is up by the hood release, is there a drain tube somewhere around there as well?? I also used air compressor and everything seems fine and nothing came out. Just seems that once a lot of water builds up in that tube its getting inside my car somehow. Whats the best way to fix this?? Thanks for any help

**NOTE** Can someone please delete my thread in the General Talk section regarding the same topic. Thanks