98 LX Rear Wheel locked up in Drive - HondaCivicForum.com

Old 12-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Default 98 LX Rear Wheel locked up in Drive

Tonight I had just started my drive to the store and after a block I noticed that something seemed to be hesitating while I was accelerating from stop. I made a return home as I was only a block away. But before I could even make it that far I had to stop and check out the situation.At first I thought it was a flat tire, what I found was that my left side rear tire/wheel was not spinning at all. It was locked up and literally burning rubber. The problem only happened while in 'drive', neutral and reverse seemed to be fine. So I 'reversed' myself home. Luckily it was only one block. Any thoughts on what it might be? Its a front/disk-rear/drum setup. I had driven the car only about 4 hours earlier. Never had any brake related problems before.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1999 civic locked rear door inside &out roger minis Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat 1 05-31-2013 05:49 PM
1999 Civic Ex, rear door locks, one is locked, one wont lock. therobesons Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat 4 10-01-2008 02:51 PM
Front and Rear wheel drive Corsair Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat 11 10-30-2007 07:48 PM
locked wheel klownkiller Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels 6 05-06-2007 01:58 PM
Driver side rear wheel locked up saiwyn Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat 2 06-10-2006 04:09 PM