Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

AC Compressor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Default AC Compressor Problem

Ok, a couple of days ago I started hearing a weird noise on my civic, I thought it was normal and would go away (stupid me) anyways everyday the noise kept getting louder and louder and I got it checked out at the honda dealer. supposively I thought it was the power steering pump because the noise was pretty loud around that area but the dealer stated that I needed a new a/c compressor. I've been looking for a remanufactured ac compressor and I came to two of them but I don't know whats the difference and which one should i get. I heard that something with the vin number you match up with the compressor you buy. Can someone help me, the two compressor are a
TRSA090 and a TRS090. I have a 2001 Honda civic LX 1.7L I just want to know which one is for my car they both show up for it but I heard only one of them is capable for it while the other one is not. Another thing I want to mention is that a person told me that I also needed to buy the a/c reciever dryer with the compressor or if I didn't the compressor i put in will just die on me in a few months again.