Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Question - 08 EX

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Default AC Question - 08 EX

Hi guys,

I have an 08 civic ex with AC issues. The car has 41k on it. When i turn the AC on, it blows cool, but not cold. Looking under the hood, you can see the compressor cycling on and off while the car is idling. Inside the car, you can feel this to as the air gets cooler then warmer. It does this at all speeds / engine RPM.

We put a meat thermometer in the vent, and on Max AC, the temperature of the air coming out only got down to about 64 - 65 degrees. Once, after we had driven the car for a while, it did get colder, down to 48 or 49 degrees. Went back out today, and it was back to the higher temperature.

I know there is a TSB on 06 and 07 cars, would that TSB cover an 08 as well? it seems like the compressor isn't getting a signal to stay on.

Any help or DIY fixes would be appreciated before we break down and call the dealer.

Thanks!

Peter