Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Default RE: air conditioning

Isn't the car still under Honda warranty? If so, take it in, tell them what's wrong, and what the mechanic said about having too much freon in the system. Don't back down, they usually try to stiff you a few times, then when they see you mean business, they'll do something.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: dagwood

Does anybody know what the life expectancey of a ac coil and clutch, I am still fighting with the body shop/ins company. Body shop says not their fault and Insurance company says they can not do anything because the Body shop says not accident related.
No one can tell you how long an A/C clutch and coil will last. If the Freon is low the compressor will cycle very frequent causing wear. Too much Freon can cause the compressor to lock up (freeze), it will also cause the compressor to be very hard to turn putting a major load on the clutch causing it to wear. Unless the input shaft to the A/C compressor is bent, you will have a huge hill to climb convincing the body shop/Insurance people it was accident related.

Replacing the A/C clutch and coil is not hard at all and can be done without opening the system, getting to them is another story. AutoZone will have the tools required to remove and replace the assembly which you can borrow from them for free.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

I don't know much about your A/C but i had a A/C que too haha. How hard is it to install A/C. I would like to put it in but i was wondering if it would be way to hard.
First of all, if you don't know much about A/C, why do u wanna install an A/C? First you should learn how A/Cs work then try and install one. An A/C has a lot of parts, which one do u want to install or do u want to install an A/C on a car without an A/C?