Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bogging...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
HCF Member
Default bogging...

so ive got a d15b, when im in like third gear around 1.5-3k rpms if i press on the gas more than just idl, car boggs, very weird bogg like when a car has a bad mass air flow sensor, i looked under the floor and at the ecu its not a stock ecu the guy before me must have put one it, says RYwire on it and the cables look VERy nice, so i dono if thats it, this has been happening for a while OFF AND ON not constant, but and the other day the CEL light came on and theres no blinking dot its an aftermarket ECU so how do u think i check that? i dono where the jumper might be

Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
HCF Member
Default also

also is there a mass airflow sensor on this thing?AND there is a tube on top of the evap canister that just hangs down, is that normal? or ?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
HCF Member
Default yo

you think its flooding it? i was reading soem guys post on the internet and something about a fuel and he was sayin it sounds liek flooding? im guesing my ecu is chipped

Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

The ECU would have to be extremely out of tune to be flooding it whilst driving.
You said it happens in 3rd gear. Is this the only gear effected? Does it do this while reving in neutral?

Doing a quick serach on the net shows that RYwire is an ecu used for motor swaps. As I'm on dial up < ghey, i know.>, I am having a hard time searching around their page. Go to http://www.rywire.com/store/index.php and see whats up.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
HCF Member
Default no

it does it in miltuple gears, but mainly third, it happens when i give it too much gas in a low rpm, never had a honda before so should i ease the gas pedal a little more? i mean ive never seen a car do this so i cant assume im driving it wrong.... its very irritating, what do you guys think?

Old 09-09-2009, 05:15 AM
HCF Member

i dont know if itll help but check your timing
if its off the car will run better after you correct it

Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
HCF Member
Default ok

so i opened up my dizzy cap and there was some oil in it, enought so when i pulled the bottom bolt a little drained out, BUT there was 0 oil on the connections and didnt look like it ever make it to the rotor, but im not ognna tke chances so i ordered a new seal. i cleaned it out good with a air hose and put a new cap on it, and it still misfires, but it did seem like it lasted a little longer, whatya think?

Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

Try cleaning the cap with WD-40. Clean the crap out of it. Make sure all of the metal is nice and clean. No dirt, no corrosion. Make sure the dizz itself is clean as well. I know mine needed cleaning. Allow the cap and the dizz itself to dry in direct sunlight. Give it enough time to fully dry. Then hook it all back up and see what it does.
There simply should have been no oil in the cap what so ever. See if you can find where this oil is coming from.

-Ninja edit-
Did you happen to spill oil the last time you changed your oil? That may have alowed oil to get into the cap.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
HCF Member
Default ok

ok i will check the timing, but where is the jumper, its not above right kickpanel.... i know the wiring has to be new how would i go about finding the jumper for the timing?

and i put a new cap on it, the oil my guess is coming from the dizzy seal, i said i got one ordered so imma put that in when it arrives but i really dont think that is it

Old 09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
HCF Member
Default edit

ok will not misfire unless driving , the distrubutor is leaking oil into itself, so im thinking the dizzy is bad? ive seen it before and not even leaking, i cant figure anything else out, would it be safe to say i have a bad distributor? and if where the best place to find one for a d15b vtec

Quick Reply: bogging...