Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bouncing RPMs

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Default Bouncing RPMs

Well, I picked up my 96 VTi the other day it was great for about a day....Then the rpms started bouncing and it felt like the transmission was grinding at startup from lights and such. It felt fine for the test drive and the first day but then started acting up. Now the rpms bounce when driving and at idle. It feels like the transmission or maybe even the engine but am not sure. I'm taking it to Honda tomorrow and have them check it out with a full inspection and then will take it back to the dealer to get them to fix it. Just wanted to get a read on here about if anybody has experienced this. I know people think the CVT is Schlitz but I really don't want to go through the hassel of getting a new transmission and changing the title and all the other paperwork that's involved. Any thoughts? CVT fluid not used?[/align]