Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

brand new civic + problem...pls help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Default brand new civic + problem...pls help

i have a brand new 2007 honda civic ex....just 2 weeks old.....the inside panel between the left front and back doors (just below the seat belt slot) have come out a little bit from its fixture...what should i do?

i just saw it today morning...havent been involved in any accident...it just popped out...

would it be covered under warranty? how much time does it take to fix it?

Secondly, my RPM dial when the car is stopped, shows me around 700 rpm...shouldnt it go down to 0, when the car is not moving? when i shut down the car, then it goes down to 0.

Thirdly, i hear a very faint rattle from my sunroof, doesnt matter, whether its open or closed...when the car is moving..

any help on any of these matters is really appreciated.

thanks.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: brand new civic + problem...pls help

about the panel...you might need a new clip..costs liek 50 cents from the honda dealership and is a very easy fix...

as far as the rpms...quick question. have you ever driven a car before? if it went to 0 like you said the car is off!!!!! its perfectly normal for it to be at 700.

not sure wat to do as far as the sunroof. good thing you didnt ask the idling question when you were at the dealership..they prolly woulda pointed and laughed lol...

Old 05-16-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

lol on the idle question.

and about the sunroof, it's making a vibrating noise right, like something is rubbing or bouncing, if that's the case, then it's the little baffle that deflects the wind, the supports are designed too lose and allow the deflector to bounce and tap the assembly while the wind is pushing the deflector down. i believe a sunroof wind deflector will fix the problem, thus not allowing the wind to disturb the baffle.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

ok just to save you from asking, the "rpm dial" (aka tach) is a gauge that shows how fast your engine is turning. Its measured in Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) and on most cars you just x1000 whatever number the needle is pointing at...

Old 05-18-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

Take it to the dealer. Have them fix the panel and the sunroof. It should all be covered under warranty. Let them worry about it and don't take the chance that you'd break something trying to fix it yourself. Once your warranty expires, THAT is when you start learning to fix things.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:03 PM

4 all 3 problems,take it 2 the dealer.its under the warrenty.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

For the panel in between your doors, doesnt that slide right back down? On my 95 civic I had to slide it up to take it off and to put it back on it just slides back down

Old 05-18-2007, 07:35 PM

The "rpm dial" question was cute

Old 05-19-2007, 03:49 AM

thanks guys for your help..sorry about the rpm dial query...its my first car...n to be honest...whenever i rented a car i never looked at that dial in particular...will take the car to the dealer....

Old 05-19-2007, 04:27 AM
HCF Member

[sm=laughat.gif] sorry buddy that was a good laugh on the idle...lol...i needed that im still gigglying. and by the way

[sm=welcomesign.gif][sm=welcomesign.gif][sm=welcomesign.gif][sm=welcomesign.gif][sm=welcomesign.gif]

Quick Reply: brand new civic + problem...pls help