Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Broken LS tranny case, inch hole, still drove home? how?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Default Broken LS tranny case, inch hole, still drove home? how?

Alright, so today it was wet out, i did beat on it a little, but nothing major i mean i didnt drop the clutch or anything...but when i got to my friends there was oil spitting out of my tranny so i ruched home, it went through every gear no struggle, i jacked it up and back near the shift rod in the drivers side of the case there was a small like slice, like you cut into a watermelon with a knife haha. its an inch long, the hole is small, and the metal just folded out a little like you hit it with a grinder from the inside, luckily i ssaw the oil or i woulda kept driving and without oil...ya...

so what couldve done this? its up on the bacjk fo the tranny so i didnt bottom out, something tried coming through.

jb weld hahaha? or new case. i really wish i had 1500$ for a REAL tranny and not a 250$ junk ls.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:59 PM

need a new case
might as well replace the whole transmission though with a used one and get a new clutch kit while you're at it
fill the new one up with ONLY genuine Honda Manual Transmission Fluid (assuming you have a manual)