Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

bumper/headlight inter compatibility???

Old 09-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Default bumper/headlight inter compatibility???

I just had a small fender bender about a month ago in my 93 dx sedan that damaged the back right quarter panel and minor suspension damage on that side. The insurance co. determined that both drivers involved were partially at fault so they are paying half of each of our damages.

I am getting it fixed but only brought to primer. I plan to get the whole car re-painted later. before i do though there's a few things I want to change.

I like the look of the coupe front bumper better than the sedan bumper, a few reasons, 1) i can get mesh inserts for it, and there are lower lip attatchments for that one. The coupe bumper has three "scoops" in it as opposed to the one on the sedan that just has one wide "scoop"; the parts suppliers say that they are not interchangeable, but they look identical to me other than the "scoops". So, my question is will the 2-door front bumper fit on the 4-door correctly? I don't want to do a body kit, just some minor visial upgrades that make it more appealing to me....

Also the one piece headlights, most of those are only listed as available for the 2-door models, are those interchangeable? I've seen some good deals but they all have said 2-door only.

I am also looking for a factory spoiler, and a set of 15" 5-spoke 98-00 stock SI rims for it also, so if anybody has some they want to get rid of.....