Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car stalling AGAIN!!!! Dam It

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:54 PM
HCF Member
Default Car stalling AGAIN!!!! Dam It

Hello everybody, OK I own a 2000 civic Si. Its doing it again I feel like [sm=violent053.gif]my Si.

I was coming from school and I was driving in 5th gear then I down shifted to 4th because I was dropping my speed and whenI step on the gas my RPM wouldn't pass over 4 rpms it was kind of hesitating on me. So i pulled over while engine was running I gas it hard and still wouldn't go over 4 rpm. I keep on trying that and same result. So I shut off the car turned it back on and worked fine . Then when I step on the gas NOW i get this weird whistling sound coming from the intake (AEM short ram) before I wouldn't get this sound. I only get this when I let go the gas pedal then step on it again. Now when it shuts down it kind of struggles to start the engine before it will start right away. When I was having a hard time to turn the engine on I had to gas it while clutching it in order to turn on but it would get kind of shaky. I did clean the intake manifold with SEA FOAM
I have new cap,rotor,IACV[sm=dontgetit.gif]
NO CEL LIGHT ON!!!

More likley I will be taking it soon to my local dealer so they can diagnostic again[sm=helpout.gif]

Any help really appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car stalling AGAIN!!!! Dam It

This was my previous thread I had!!!!!!!!

I own a 2000 Civic Si
Couple of months ago My Si was stalling on me when coming to a stop, red light or down shifting to 2nd gear when you were going to park and idle would go down and car will turn OFF. Sometimes I wouldn't even know when my car had turned OFF. Even if car is turned on to warm it up before driving it would also turned off. [:@]
***Dealer fix it and problem was igniter inside distributor was lose and Air throttle needed and adjustment***
6 months later is doing it again and back at the Honda dealer and can't find the problem this time because what they fixed last time everything it's the same way they left things.I didn't get charge but the dealer couldn't find what was wrong.
***Fuel pressure was fine, good coils and igniter.
***Installed new cap and rotor and fuel filter, Idle Air Control Valve and also the main relay.

I don't know what's wrong with it???? Any help

Old 12-07-2007, 07:54 AM
HCF Member

[sm=hia.gif][sm=helpout.gif]

Old 12-07-2007, 09:11 AM

Too new for my blood. I kick it old school with the 89 1.5 --- Keep it simple folks P

Old 12-07-2007, 09:19 AM
HCF Member

Prolly something more complicated then this but have you checked your vacuum lines to make sure they are all crack free and not leaking anywhere? I know if those things are leaking your car runs poopy.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Have you ruled out potential problems with the fuel pressure regulator (see picture) and fuel injectors?

[IMG]local://upfiles/25538/F7AE1EEA65F74F1BBF87A67F0250B6CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RonJ

Have you ruled out potential problems with the fuel pressure regulator and fuel injectors?
last time it was at the dealer they told me that the fuel pressure and regultor was right on the money. Fuel injectors not yet????

Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

Left it a while ago at the dealer.
I knew this place where they only repair Acura's & Honda's own By a Vietnamese that guy was the best. I looked for him a while back when my car started to act up weird but his shop had closed down. He moved away.
But today while I was waiting for my ride to pick me up somebody else on the waiting room asked what was my problem I told him. He replied" I know this guy who pretty much fixes everything. It ended being the same Vietnamese person who use to be my mechanic. Awesome now I know where he is. If dealer can figure it out I know the Vietnamese will Figure it out and I will be on my way to his shop..Yeah

Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 AM

I had a similar problem, my'99 EXwould rev up to about 4,000RPMs when i floored it and it would take forever to rev up, and it would suddenly die, but it would sometimes run fine. The problem was that the cat was clogged.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

I wish it was that.. 5 moths ago I installed a new High flow cat from magnaflow. My old one went bad. Thanks for the help.

Any more help out there

Quick Reply: Car stalling AGAIN!!!! Dam It