Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Default Car Wash

So I got a new 2007 Civic LX and I was planning on taking it for a carwash. I looked in the manual for any specific requirements but didnt find anything. Is there anything that I need to keep in mind when I do a wash? I intend to do a fully automatic wash at a drive through. I dont want to spoil the paint. I've heard that the paint gets scratched when automatic carwash places use those huge brushes.

Any advice to this rookie appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Car Wash

Try to find a touchless car wash if you have to do a drive through

Or, man up, and spend an hour or two in the driveway doing it yourself. It's more rewarding that way

Old 05-11-2007, 04:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Or, man up, and spend an hour or two in the driveway doing it yourself. It's more rewarding that way
more emotionally rewarding, and you get a better wash

Old 05-11-2007, 04:49 AM
HCF Member

+ 1 for driveway cleaning. Only time I really use the car wash anymore is to go over my engine and in the wheel wells after a rain or a lot of mud.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 AM

Oh yeah. definitely!! Its just that I'm kinda in the middle of finals week at school!

If I were to do it myself...what would I need? Do you recommend any special soaps, sponges etc?

Old 05-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Here ya go! CLICK ME

Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

Please tell me it doesn't take you two hours to wash your car, I can have mine washed and dried in less then 20 minutes. and that is taking my time lol. Now waxing, buffing all the little things i can understand lol

Old 05-11-2007, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

< only clean my rims myself, other than that i just the touchless car wash, i cant complain about it, my car looks really good afterwards, and its always fun to stick your head out the window when you drive under the blower/dryer haha

Old 05-11-2007, 06:50 AM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

< only clean my rims myself, other than that i just the touchless car wash, i cant complain about it, my car looks really good afterwards, and its always fun to stick your head out the window when you drive under the blower/dryer haha
Hahaha. This is the first car i've owned, so this is also my first carwash!!! exciting! though, I dunno if I'm going to stick my head out will inside the drive thru!!

Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 AM
HCF Member

haha, itsa good time. If youre worried about your car getting scratched, even on a tocuhless something might go wrong and you should do it yourself, but if not then i'd say just go to a carwash and pay a couple bucks ofr it.

Quick Reply: Car Wash