Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic 98 EX coup driver side window wont roll up ...?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Default RE: Civic 98 EX coup driver side window wont roll up ...?

ORIGINAL: 94civichatchback

thats why i love manual windows lol.
I had to replace both manual regulator assemblies on my 96 because on the driver side the scissor was so bowed out from people trying to steal the car from the previous owner that the window would either tilt forward or pop out of the door when cranking it up and the passenger sides regulator had the welds on the tower plate that holds the crank gear in place break which caused the gear to misallign.... Both power and manual have their issues...

Old 12-19-2007, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

Both power and manual have their issues...
Yeah, I have manual windows and i've broken and replaced both rear regulators from either rolling them up to fast or rolling them up really tight.

Plus, when slowing down to pay tolls it's alot easier to push a button instead leaningdownto roll the window down. lol

Old 12-25-2007, 10:11 AM

I fixed it! It was so easy too. Found a link from someone on this site that gave detailed instructions with photographs on removing the panel.

The entire window fell off the track on one side actually... Had something to do with rolling the windows down in the rain I think because it works totally fine noe.

thank you!

Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Steven T
I fixed it! It was so easy too. Found a link from someone on this site that gave detailed instructions with photographs on removing the panel.

The entire window fell off the track on one side actually... Had something to do with rolling the windows down in the rain I think because it works totally fine noe.

thank you!
I know this is an old old thread, but any chance you have the url to where you found those instructions from? I need to do the same thing to my 98 Civic ex.

Thanks
Z

Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 PM

That happened to my windows on my 93 Civic too. The part is about $90 and can be DIY. Oh, by the way.... invest in an owners manual (I got a great one, direct from HONDA on Ebay)

Old 06-14-2013, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by RonJ
In this case, then the window regulator is also your prime suspect. Clearly, you would save money by doing the work yourself. Remove the door panel and underlying plastic cover to expose the internal door components (if you don't know how to do this, search the forum DIY or alternatively I could post instructions). If you are lucky, a careful inspection of the window regulator and channels might reveal that they are simply loose or misaligned.

Good luck.
Had the same issue today. Could not find the DIY, any link or instruction would be extremely helpful. Thanks!