Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Civic Type-s

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Default Civic Type-s

Hi,

I have a UK spec Civic Type-s (2.0l) Wicked car, had it 6 months love it to bits… I brought it second hand from Honda direct when it was just a year old. Went to start it this morning and it wouldn't go. Turned it over a few times and it sounded like it would if the immobiliser wasn't disingaging, know what I mean? Turns over just sounds like it's never going to fire. I gave it a bit of gas and gave up, it smelt a little of petrol. I walked away and tried 10 mins later, this time it started to chugg a little as if it was struggling to get enough fuel, eventually, it decided to start. I drove it to work and it was fine, although the petrol gauge seemed to be a little erratic! Girlfriend stalled it a little later, she wasn't sure if it was her or the car but she said it smelt a little of petrol when it restarted.

Anybody got any ideas?

My brother has an older CIVIC, which is really the reason I brought this one. He said his has a faultcode display under his passager seat so if there's ever a problem with his, he can retrieve the code and check the fault. Is there a similar thing on mine? I still have 12 months main manufacturers warranty but I can't take it back if it's not displaying a problem!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Default RE: Civic Type-s

I would take it to the Honda dealer no matter what and describe the problem. If they test drive it and it runs great, then you're okay. If they find something, then it gets repaired. Win/win situation for you. Plus, it's always good to get these types of problems (if they're irratic) on record for future warranty work.