Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

climate control

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Default climate control

i just recieved a climate brazel for my 99 civic (the center unit with hazards and climate *****) anywayz the problem im having is this my hazard plug fit in perfectly without a problem.. i go to plug my climate plug(blue) into the socket (blk) and its just a little to big for some reason... i dunt understand... why doesnt it fit... maybe theres an adapter out there... im not plugging it in wrong either... i need help... heres a pic... can some1 guide me onto whatto do... im freezing my *** off too!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...01/climate.jpg

thx agen those who help...

Old 11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: climate control

you didn;t get the right one that interchanges

Old 11-08-2006, 03:13 AM

ahh u think you can help me man... i rele need help.. its winter

Old 11-08-2006, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

No man seriously, it doensn't fit cause it isn't the one from your model car... did you orer it online or from a scrapyard? get a pic of your old one next to the new one and see if they are different.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

No man seriously, it doensn't fit cause it isn't the one from your model car... did you orer it online or from a scrapyard? get a pic of your old one next to the new one and see if they are different.
HIs old one was stolen, and he bought this one through me. It was not my stocker, however..

Heres what went down. He was looking for a stocker because his got stolen. I told him I'd sell him mine as soon as I got the JDM unit put in. I didn't end up using the JDM unit, so I said that I would get him a replacement for his. He said he needed a climate control unit for a 99 Civic. That unit you see in the picture is from a '00 Civic (Same damn thing). I don't know why it doesn't fit, it doesn't make any sense.

Ninja, you are positive that you gave me the correct year for your car right?

Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

^ Hmm why would someone steal a climate control... god people will steal anything these days.
But yeah if his is a 99 and you got him a 00 one then they should be the same (theoretically) that is wierd... maybe you should have gotten the connector for the climate control too. This is a head scratcher

Old 11-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ninja, I contacted the e-bay seller again and he confirmed that it came from a 2000 DX hatchback. I guess your best bet would be to maybe hit a junk yard for the right plug, and just run your wires into it.

I also got your PM with the pics of your car, but they're kinda small and grainy, can you get any better ones?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM

yea i can... srry about that but yea... my car is a 99 lx civic... idk why eaither... they told me i was retarded basically... when i went to the junk yard... but ill get some better ones and send em...

Old 11-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Dude, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. That plug you're trying to put in there is for the stereo, not the climate control. The plug you need to putinto the climate control is black. Fish around in there and see if you can find it. Do you still have those pics you sent me of all the plugs that were left inside the dash??

Old 11-10-2006, 03:36 PM

well... you just made me feel very stupid... however, i dont have another plug... but deep down there there is this blue thing that suppose to have somthing there to be plugged into... idk... lemme find the pics

Quick Reply: climate control