Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cold Start Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 AM
HCF Member
Default Cold Start Problems.

okay I have a 1992 Honda Civic with a D16z6 pretty much stock except for a short ram air intake and a 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust, thats it! Recently it's been cold went out to start her up and it has troubles kind of reminds me of when my main relay went out it would crank wanting to start but nothing, finally after maybe 3-5 tries it starts with the help of the gas pedal all the way to the floor ?? I rev it for a while then it bounces idle till it warms then it's good ?? Recent fixes i've done to her are, new fuel pump and fuel filter, resurfaced head and new head gasket, rebuilt tranny, new main relay, new plugs. I've checked for vacuum leaks nothing. cleaned out the throttle body with some carb cleaner and still nothing. ??? main relay is still clicking over, need some help to figure out what this could be. The only thing I noticed was a spark plug wire had some trouble sticking on the spark plug but i push that down and it clicked like it should ?? Help??

**thought i should add i ran codes on her and the only thing that came back was a bad o2 sensor.**

Last edited by VtechPop; 11-08-2010 at 04:35 AM.