Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft positioning sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 09:05 PM
Default Crankshaft positioning sensor

I know there’s many posts about this but no information has helped me.

I have a 2002 Honda Civic ex, at first it was throwing the code p0336. I changed the pigtail to a aftermarket and no luck, it didn’t fix it. I then switched it back to a stock one and cleaned the corrosion on the pigtail before installing. Amongst the process of it I had switched the sensor to a aftermarket and it still had the code. Then Proceeded to reinstall the original one after cleaning the port. As I was driving, it threw p0335. I’m losing my mind and I can’t figure out what to do. Buy a new sensor and install it? I have no way of accessing a volt meter and testing the harness. The wiring harness looks fine with no issues whatsoever.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:00 PM

The CKP sensor is only half the equation. It has to read the reluctor ring. If the sensor wiring is good and both the original sensor and the new aftermarket sensor both throw the same code, they're probably working as well.

Here's something that may be helpful: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0336

A multimeter isn't very expensive and is VERY useful to have around. You really can't diagnose electrical problems without one.

Good Luck.