Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

CRX engine size... Max?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Default CRX engine size... Max?

Hey guys.

Anyone that remembers me knows I was asking tons of questions regarding a '90 Civic DX. Well, I sold it... Ha.

Anyhow, the poitn to my post... Looking to buy a CRX and was wondering what the biggest/best engine swap I can do in it is... Also, as I do not know THAT much about cars... Working off a Manual, if I replace the engine with say a '90 Acura engine, do I have to do something special to makee the trans fit? And does anyone know how much a shop would chargee in general for the swap?

-Jen.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Default RE: CRX engine size... Max?

it would take almost a day and a half. so we're thinking about 12-15 hours. and your looking at a good shop so you can get it done right the first time so it will take about 80 bucks an hour. so lets see. ummm. $960-$1200. so there u go. or you could be lucky like me and your friends dad will do it for three hundred bucks.but you're not me. hehe. at least i thknk you're not. you better not be.