Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Turbo need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Default Custom Turbo need help

I have a Garrett tb-0363 basically a t3 turbo and i know i need a fmic, piping, oil drain and supply kit, manifold, boost controller and a bov. I have found all of these things but i dont know what size injectors i need nor what fuel pump, or anything else i need, so if anyone can help me with telling me what they know i would appreciate it. Btw it has an internal wastegate set a 7psi which is all i want for now so i dont need a manifold that has a wastegate flange in it do i? Please help i am a big noob. Please let me know what are the cheapest route to boosting when it comes to fuel management and wideband because i will never boost over 10 psi.I have been lookin hard at this website called treadstone, and their prices are really good sooo.... But any advice would help. Thank you in advance.
Corey

Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Custom Turbo need help

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_158034/tm.htm
i went with rc engineering 440cc injectors(not cheap but they r thebest) and a walbro 255 fuel pump. i'm at 7psi on a B16 but plan on going 10psi soon. if u plan on going to 10 psi then get the fuel pump, if ur staying at 7 psi then u could get away w/o it if money is tight. also u need to chip ur ecu and have it tuned w/ crome, neptune, or uberdata. Tuning is VERY important.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Custom Turbo need help

RC injectors are the best for a newb. Theyre not too much $ and work well. Definetly get a new fuel pump, a walbro 255lph. I just got one and will be doing a DIY in spring. As far as manifold goes, you can get a manifold with or without the external wastegate on it, if its got a flange on it for a wastegate you just bolt a plate over it and its fine. Tuning the car is key, and thats where power really comes from, so dont cheap out on that. Personally, Id takeit to a professional tuner and just have them chip my ecu and give it a dyno and street tune. This will cost ya a pretty penny, but its damn well worth it because tuning is what makes your car run at its best........and you definetly want your turbo honda running at its best so it doesnt blow up on you. Honestly, if you do it right the first time, the car will last you just as long as if it were still stock.......I would set aside 650$ for tuning and a good ECU chipping.....I know its steep, but it guarentees you are making the most possible power out of your setupat the absolute safest level. I know you want boost now, but even if it takes you another year to save the extra cash, just do it right the first time..........because swapping in a new motor is just a headace and ANOTHER bill.