Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

D15B Crank Pulley Help

Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Default D15B Crank Pulley Help

I'm a Nissan Master Tech (no flamers please) at a dealership that has Nissan, Honda, Mazda, and Suzuki. I'm helping one of our service writers swap engines in his 1989 Civic LX. The engine he got for me is out of a 1988 CRX, according to the tag that was on it when we got it. The "new" engine came without a crank pulley. The "new" engine also has a smaller snout on the crankshaft than the one that was in the Civic. My question is, does anyone have any idea if there is small holed crank pulley with three belt grooves to fit D15B series engine. We have ordered three different part numbers from our service department and got one with a big hole and three belt grooves (for three drive belts), one with a small hole and two belt grooves, and the other is on intergalactic back order which it is probably no longer in production. If I figure out which cars had a small crank snout maybe I could decifer which ones had power streering. I'm emailing the aftermarket people but haven't gotten any reply. When/if I do I'll post it.

To paraphrase I need a small holed three groove pulley for D15B series engine.