Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door lcok jammed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Default door lcok jammed

my2004 honda civic dxgot broken into and they used so much force on the window that my door got jammed, it is a manuel door lock. I got the panel off(with the door shut is hard as crap) and all the rods are connected and i dont see any damage. any help or tips in getting my door open will be appreciated

Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: door lcok jammed

does the key still work in the exterior lock?
they probably messed up the lock rod and its sticking in the LOCKED position, i know it can be tuff to get to like in any car... sometimes easier to unbolt the seat and move it to the back so you got alittle more room to work in the tight spots! try to take off the door handle and the rods going to the latch and try to manualy move the rods on the latch by hand. it should open the door, then just replace those rods with new ones.....

usualy the latch is fine because its built preatty tuff but those rods are just small and soft so they damage preatty easily.....

Old 02-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Default RE: door lcok jammed

yeah the key works on the outside, it moves the latch up and down, and i have manually push up the plastic notch that the rod connects to and it still wont open, i am one skinny a$$ dude so i have plenty of room to stick my head into the door and see the locking mechanism and all the rods, nothing is bent, damaged, disconnected, or in any form that will hinder the opening mechanism...in my opinion, i think its possible that the plastic hook got pushed into the car that it basically is jammed...