Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driver side mirror was smoked

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Default driver side mirror was smoked

hey all,

I had my car parked in an allyway in van and it was smoked some some loser. they took off not leaving a note of course anyways it was still attached, it actually looks not too bad but the nose end (narrowest part at the front of car) sticks out a little bit now. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience taking this off or repairing the side mirror and if they can give any tips or should I just spend the money and get someone at a body shop to do it all. easy or no?

thanks in advance

berad

Old 02-08-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: driver side mirror was smoked

Did it damage paint and all of that, or just rip the plastic housing up real bad?

They are easy to change out yourself, might as well upgrade to some better looking aftermarkets, roughly teh same price anyway.

If its just the housing, you can change them out easily, just a few screws holding them to the door. I have changed a few mirrors in my time, but most of them were backed into by my wife. Needless to say I park well away from her driving path in my civic.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: driver side mirror was smoked

sup stumaster, paint wasn't damaged at all, I just buffed it up a little and it looks perfectly fine. it's just that the pointy part now sticks out a little bit instead of being flush, it's also pretty loose whenever I turn the subs up the mirror shakes alot more on that side compared to the passenger. I think it's just the screw there that was damaged, it seems to be connected nicely towards the back of the car (that side of it anyways). how would I go about taking it off in the first place, I dont want to screw up any of the other connections that aren't damaged. any more help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again