Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Engine Oil Missing But No Leaks (97 DX)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:05 PM

I would say no to both of them. Try to find a complete swap from a junked integra or something like that. A B series swap is "simple" compared to others (H series, K series etc.), but can be time consuming.

If you want to look into the possibility of swapping to a B series motor, I would do some research. Your current engine harness is about the only thing that will work on that motor, and even still it will most likely need adjusting (as in cutting extended wires). Off the top of my head, you will need axles, shift linkage, ECU, and more for the B series you plan to install.

First link - I would pass unless you can get all of the other parts you need for less than $2-300.

Second link - I don't see a motor listed on there. I see a B16 head for $480. The head is just the top half of the motor. That price is a little steep IMO as well.