Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Engine swap, accord to civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Default Engine swap, accord to civic

Hi, I've got a quick question, that after searching for a few hours, couldn't find a clear answer to.. So I was hoping some of the honda buffs here would be able to help. I have a '97 Accord that was totaled, t-boned and what not. Well the engine is in great shape. I also have a '98 civic with an engine thats not in such good shape, lol. Well, I want a dependable little car for my son so I was wondering if the Accord engine would be able to fit into the Civic without too many hiccups. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

PS. this is not for performance, just a daily driver.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by vince2209
Hi, I've got a quick question, that after searching for a few hours, couldn't find a clear answer to.. So I was hoping some of the honda buffs here would be able to help. I have a '97 Accord that was totaled, t-boned and what not. Well the engine is in great shape. I also have a '98 civic with an engine thats not in such good shape, lol. Well, I want a dependable little car for my son so I was wondering if the Accord engine would be able to fit into the Civic without too many hiccups. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

PS. this is not for performance, just a daily driver.

Thanks!
I got the same problem so did you ever figure this question out swell as transmissions please help I have a 95 accord and a 98 civic with a bad motor