Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

exhaust port measurments?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Default exhaust port measurments?

i recently bought a used header that i was told would fit all d-series motors, but to find out it doesnt fit my d16 sohc. when i placed the header gasket up to it the bolt holes are slightly off but the exhaust holes are way off, if i line up the far left hole its perfect, but as you look right it covers up more and more of the preceeding exhaust holes and by the furthest right hole it is half covered up, i then tried to mount the header to a d15 and again same problem, so if anyone could give me measurements on maybe b series or other honda header holes(distance between each exhaust hole, size of holes, etc) it would be greatly appriciated. thanks B

Old 10-28-2009, 01:08 PM

seriously? no one can answer this? if i asked what jdm part to put on my car id get 50,000 responses but when i need something thats more than an opinion no one is around to answer?

Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by SupermansDX
seriously? no one can answer this? if i asked what jdm part to put on my car id get 50,000 responses but when i need something thats more than an opinion no one is around to answer?
hey you wanna chill the fvck out? Your question is retarded, and sorry none of us have the measurements memorized for you to be spoon fed. Obviously no one has the measurements nor wants to go get them because this questions again is stupid, what ever your trying to do isnt going to work, the header doesnt fit. Deal with it, you got screwed over on a header. Why dont you try taking some pictures and maybe we could help more.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by croninc
hey you wanna chill the fvck out? Your question is retarded, and sorry none of us have the measurements memorized for you to be spoon fed. Obviously no one has the measurements nor wants to go get them because this questions again is stupid, what ever your trying to do isnt going to work, the header doesnt fit. Deal with it, you got screwed over on a header. Why dont you try taking some pictures and maybe we could help more.
Damn croninc, I think you need to chill. Bashing other people's FS thread due to price, bashing this guy, bashing another guy since he had painted a few interior pieces and added some ricer blue **** in his engine bay. You say his question is retarded? Maybe to you it is since you have a D series and are not able to assist him with his question. Yea, he may have gotten screwed over, but maybe try to help him and tell him to try and re-sell it on H-T, here, or on Craigslist.......however, he would need to be able to figure out exactly what motor it is for before trying to sell it so no one else could possible get screwed over.

He never said anything like we should know the measurements. I assume he was expecting someone with a b series with a little extra time on their hands to unbolt the manifold from the head, slide the header off the head and take a few quick measurements.

OP, you most like got a header for a B series. From what I know, D and B series exhaust manifolds are very close in size, just the exhaust ports are a little more spaced apart. I was recently in the market for a fuel rail and almost bought one for a B series. That's until I found out that the B series injectors are spaced farther apart on the rail compared to a D series.

Hopefully someone on this site with a b series could help this guy out real quick by taking some quick measurements.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by SupermansDX
sorry if he is going to b!tch about not getting help fast enough then he is going to get a response like that.

Yeah im going to bash that kid with the blue interior and ricer pieces...And i wasnt completely bashing the kid in the f/s section, because i was simply stating wow that price is high, but i put in glws(good luck with sale). Why have you all of a sudden started playing hfc cop? Your all over me chill out bro, why dont you go patrol some of the other members who contribute nothen and half the time just make some stupid post about justin13, or just repeat the exact same answer that someone else did to get there post count up.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by croninc
sorry if he is going to b!tch about not getting help fast enough then he is going to get a response like that.

Yeah im going to bash that kid with the blue interior and ricer pieces...And i wasnt completely bashing the kid in the f/s section, because i was simply stating wow that price is high, but i put in glws(good luck with sale). Why have you all of a sudden started playing hfc cop? Your all over me chill out bro, why dont you go patrol some of the other members who contribute nothen and half the time just make some stupid post about justin13, or just repeat the exact same answer that someone else did to get there post count up.
It isn't like he waited ten minutes and then posted that. He waited over 2 days. lol at hcf cop.... apparently no one else is doing it, so I may as well kindly remind us of the rules. I also doubt anyone gives a **** about anyone else's post count. Comparing how much one person contributes to this site to another is like comparing how perfect someone is, you do not and will not ever know. It's a matter of respect, you can give opinions nicely and suggest things to people (about price/customizing/how to ask for help), or you can bash people using foul language, or saying their questions are stupid and pointless (yea, to you they may be). Let's try to make this site more helpful than the other civic/honda forums so we can get people to stay and spread the word HCF is the best!

OP, I apologize for this nonsense going on in your thread. Hopefully, someone with a B series will see this thread and be able to help you out.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:58 AM

thank you cvcrcr. and no i didnt expect someone to run out to their garage the second they would read the thread and tear the car apart just to measure something for me, i was just looking for someone out of all the people on here that may be installing a new header soon, or rebuilding a motor that may have ease of access to give me some kind of answer. all i was trying to accomplish was knowing what i had so i could sell it as so and not just tell someone else its a d series and have them get home and it not fit. thanks for the help.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Angry Admin

are you sure you didnt get a b series header by error. b/c IIRC all d series minus the dohc ones have compatible intake manifold and exhaust manifolds.

edit nevermind cvcrcigjadfgioadsjgi beat me to it lol you need to not have a giant argument then put your answer right at the end so i dont make useless posts to make my pc higher