Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Few questions on antenna and such

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Default Few questions on antenna and such

Hey guys, I have a 96 Civic EX, and I've been on the forum looking for stuff for a while now, just painted my valve cover with the DIY (thanks). Anyway I have a few questions:

I have my head unit hooked up to the antenna but it doesn't seem to be getting any reception still, wanted to know what wires i should look at to fix this.

I would also like to know how to take off the whole front dash thing (where the AC and head unit is located), i dont want to break it.

Im also having a problem with what seems like my head unit, whenever i have my head unit loud, whenever bass hits it cuts out (sounds like skipping) and then comes back in. No clue whats causing this, i put a new fuse in the head unit, also put a higher one in there and it just made it hotter. I've replaced the speakers and harness. Im using a JVC KD-G521 Headunit.

My headlight is foggy and dirty, id like to know if there is a good way to clean it out, i know if i clean it out it will get condinsation possibly.

Anyone know where i could get Honda Stock 96 Civic Silver paint? Would like to touch up.
Anyone know where i could get a mount for my JVC head unit? I've got it rigged up so its in there pretty good.

I THINK thats all for now :-p
Thanks so much in advanced

Old 10-05-2006, 09:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Few questions on antenna and such

Answers to ur questions-
if ur wondering about the antenna wires, there is only one. if u want to replace it, u have to replace the whole wire.
-head unit removal= there is a screw in the top left hand corner of the glove box. 2 underneath the head ubit itself. there might be one on the lowerhand corner of the intrument panel (underneath it, not on it)
- head unit itself- im sorry to say that JVC is NOT a very good brand. its kind of like a knock off. i would get a better one. and dont ever put a higher rated fuse in where its not supposed to be. ur **** will fry.
Headlights- pull em out and clean with headlight cleaner found at auto store.
Paint- i think you can find touch up at the dealer,
And last but not least, the mounting foir ur stereo, you can find a harness for the stereo at walmart or a car audio shop.
Good luck hope this helps

Old 10-06-2006, 08:05 PM

thanks much

sucks after i posted this i went for a drive. I was driving down a road i drive everyday and it was a 90 degree turn, it was wet out, ran over some wet leaves, and i spun out, i controlled it as much as i could. But sadly My tail end (passenger side) smashed into a mailbox. I ****ed the side up pretty good. Ill post pix later. Im thinking about selling it for parts or for someone who wants to fix it up, might get a 2007 Civic SI or something.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
HCF Member

that sucks, good luck

Old 10-10-2006, 08:39 PM

heres the damage, tried to get as much as i could, but i can get out more.

****ty tail lights >_<. thats the least of my worries right now lol.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

ouch, here comes the bondo. or if you have the money, take it to a shop, they can probably fix it.