Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fuel gauge showing empty orange light always.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Default Fuel gauge showing empty orange light always.

Hi,

I bought a 2006 honda civic 1.8 sedan from a dealer in Auckland. The dealer imported the car from Japan and it has run only 50,000 km and the car is good condition. I loaded the petrol to the tank full and the fuel gauge always showing empty orange light. I asked the dealer about that and he talked to mechanic and he said, the level indicator might be struck at the bottom of the tank due to many days keeping the car in parking and just run for 50k, it will adjust automatically.
The dealer told me that he completed the servicing of vehicle 1 week back including engine oil change. I have read in the site that we need to make sure to reset the maintenance minder after doing the service. I am not sure whether he reset it or not. I am thinking the problem could be due to one of the below reasons.
1. Maintenance minder has not reset after doing service.
2. There could be some problem with level indicator or fuel sending unit or wire loose connections.

I tried all possible things i can do by resetting the button.

Can any one tell me what could be the problem in this?

Thanks,