Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Goodbye and Thank You!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Default Goodbye and Thank You!!

I'm driving down the highway in my '92 LX and I hear this loud CLUNK! My alternator light goes on, so I pull over and check the engine compartment. My crankshaft broke! My pulley is dangling there with an inch of the shaft stuck in the center of the pulley. So that's it! I'm retiring the car and getting a Honda Fit (I need the increased cargo room). This was the second motor and it lasted 96,751 miles (3 yrs 9 mos). The first motor lasted 118,854 miles. This car is worth $1,500 at best so I'm not going to spend the time or money putting in a third motor. If Honda brought back the Civic Hatchback, I'd buy it.

I really enjoyed the discussions here. You've all helped me more than you can imagine, allowing me to get 215,605 miles on this car. This is truly a valuable forum and I hope you all the very best of luck with your Civics.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Goodbye and Thank You!!

you dont gotta leave just cuz you lost the Civ! Theres lots of guys that stick around

Old 09-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

you dont gotta leave just cuz you lost the Civ! Theres lots of guys that stick around
+(damn.. there's no infinite symbol key lol)

there's tons of people around here that don't have civics!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:37 PM
HCF Member

Hey if we helped you so much, you can help us in return by sticking around... its only fair

Old 09-29-2007, 12:41 AM
HCF Member

im in the same boat. But ill be selling my civic, its not broke lol. Im going to go for a 350z or a 240sx, i was going to save and save and save for a skyline GTR but you cant drive them legally on the roads in AZ. If u get caught its an automatic impound and crush. The main reason for ditching the civic is the whole front wheel drive car, ever since i went with my friend in his part time drift supra ive wanted to do it myself. And you moreso slide when you try to drift a civic lol. Nothing against honda but the whole FWD thing is whats killin me.

Sorry if i hijacked... [&:]

Eric.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Basil

Hey if we helped you so much, you can help us in return by sticking around... its only fair
I second that!!! Hell Darryl has a FIT and he is an Admin. LOL

Old 09-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Okay fine. You've convinced me to stay. In fact, if anyone needs a part for a 5th generation, I can pull it off the car and send it to you. I've kept detailed records of repairs, so I know how old and how many miles virtually every part has.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Cat Fuсker

hey, I don't have a civic...and they can't get rid of me.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

hey, I don't have a civic...and they can't get rid of me.
We couldn't get rid of you if we tried

Old 10-02-2007, 03:57 AM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

ORIGINAL: Basil

I second that!!! Hell Darryl has a FIT and he is an Admin. LOL
true stick around i have a 2007 taffy white fit sport

Quick Reply: Goodbye and Thank You!!