Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Headlight issues.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Default Headlight issues.

I have a set of Sonar dual angel-eyes projector headlights. About a week ago, the harness came loose (I had to zip-tie it because of the length) on the driver's side headlight and the factory harness piece (the female part) rubbed up against the belt. The belt cut into the factory part of the harness and completely through the low-beam wire, so I tried splicing the headlight low-beam wire directly into the low-beam wire on the factory harness, and it still didn't work. I then checked the fuse underneath the dash and saw that it was blown. I replaced the fuse and tried it again, but it just blew the fuse. The wire (where I spliced it) isn't exposed, so I don't think it's grounding out against anything. I reached the limit of my electrician skills with the splicing and replacing the fuse, so if anyone else knows what the problem could be, I'd greatly appreciate it. I wanna replace these h/l with some JDM Type-Rs, but would like to get this fixed before I do. These Sonars have a very nasty habit of fogging up. The drivers' side one started doing it about a month ago, and now the passenger side one is starting, too. Does anyone else own these that has had this issue?? Is this a common problem with these headlights? Thanks.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Headlight issues.

ok..for the fogging up part, what most people do when they get a set of aftermarket headlights it seal seem up with extra weater proof silicon, because aftermarkit headlights and tails are famous for fogging up..i put silcone around mine,stopped the fogging ...for the wire that was cut, cant you just get the two ends of the wires and stick them toughter with a connecter? so its like they were never cut?...should work,i dont see why it would not

Old 05-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Default RE: Headlight issues.

That what I tried...I used some pieces out of an electrical kit, and spliced the wires directly together, instead of them going thru the harness. I don't wanna take it to a shop, cuz I know they'll charge me an arm and a leg to first diagnose the problem, and then fix it. Plus, I know it'd end up being something simple, so I'd feel stupid.