Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Default Headlights?

Got a 2004 LX. One headlight has fogged over, the other headlightthe "halo" bulb does not work. Overall the headlights just don't seem to light up the road as they should.

I just want my headlights to light up the road. Should I try different bulbs (don't know what's in there now)? Could thefogging of the one lense cause the poor illumination? Can the halo bulb be replaced?

Are the civics know for poor illumination?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Old 04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Headlights?

No, unless you buy cheap ones.... Moisture is getting into your headlights which isn't good, it's more than likely the reason why they aren't bright. what I would do is reseal them, or trash them and spend more money on some nice ones.

This sounds weird but what you could do is put your headlights in your oven at 260 degrees for 15 min(not sure how long) then you can take them apart wipe the moisture out then reseal them good and tight (read it in this months superstreet, or was it honda tuning...). Search on here about sealing your headlights tight there have been some posts.You can definitely change the bulbs in them.

Hondas are def not known for poor illumination.... if you put aftermarket projectors in, itdoesn't have anything to do withhondas?

Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM

Hey thanks for the resposne. I read the post regarding resealing the lense assemble. For the amount of effort involved I think I'll replace both assemblys instead.

Which leads to the next question.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a headlight assembly I should install? OEM or aftermarket? Any particular brand? Projector vs non projector (I don't know anthing about the "projector" - pros/cons?),

Thanks

Old 04-13-2007, 09:26 AM
HCF Member

use silicone caulk to seal them up. Get teh clear stuff and just run a bead around the headlight housing seam (once you get all the moisture out). Thats what i did and quite a few other people here on HCF and it has seemed to work for all of us.

As far as them not lighting up the road well, if they're ebay aftermarket headlights you shouldnt expect good light output, if you want them alot brighter get an HID kit.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

As far as them not lighting up the road well, if they're ebay aftermarket headlights you shouldnt expect good light output, if you want them alot brighter get an HID kit.
Could you elaborate on what an "HID" kit is and where it can be obtained?.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 04-13-2007, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

www.google.com

Old 04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

for an HID kit, look here
www.oznium.com
and here
www.leenixwholesale.com

Old 04-13-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: inhot

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

Could you elaborate on what an "HID" kit is and where it can be obtained?.

Thanks,

Mike

HIDs are "high intensity discharge"

best way to think about them, are scaled down version of the huge lights you see at a high school gym, or stadium

since none of our cars come with them from the factory, they require a special ballast, as well as the bulbs to work..

typically produce the whitish blue light found on most high end cars (lexus, bmw etc)